Me and my boyfriend went here for a weekend away. We stayed for two nights in a standard room and had booked on to have breakfast both mornings. We were greeted on reception by a friendly lady who told us where everything was and how to access our rooms. We stayed in room 20 which overlooks a small outdoor seating area with a fountain. The room was quite small with a double bed, desk, wardrobe, tea facilities, trouser press. The bathroom was clean and well lit with good surface area for you to put your things.
On the first night we ordered room service as we were tired from our long day, the food was really nice and you got loads for your money. There was an additional £5 charge for room service ( which was to be expected anyway). The following morning we headed down for breakfast and were greeted by friendly staff, who showed us to a table. The waitress asked if we would like some toast (which we said yes to) and then told us to help our selves to the cooked breakfast and fruit etc.. There was also a menu which you could order more things from; such as omelettes and poached eggs. There wasn't much variety on the cooked breakfast table nor was there many cereals/ fruits to choose from. We sat and ate our cooked breakfast and we had still not received our toast. By this point we had finished anyway, so I didn't feel the need to ask for it again.
Later in the day we looked at the hotel grounds, where there are beautiful gardens, with ponds bridges and water features. Whilst at the hotel there was two weddings that took place, unfortunately the weather was awful so one the wedding parties had to rush inside before they got wet through and wind swept.
We did not use the leisure facilities, however we did go and have a look at them and they looked very clean and relaxing. There is a small seating area before you enter the leisure facility, which over looks the gardens and some water features. Also there is complimentary orange juice which you could help your self to.
In the evening we ate in nelson's bar which was busy due to the races being held that day. The food was excellent and once again we got loads for our money. We ended up being in there for a good few hours.
On the second morning we decided to skip breakfast as we had to set off back home earlier than expected. Also we didn't really fancy a cooked breakfast.
We were checked out by a friendly girl on reception and then headed on our way.
I have given the hotel a 4 star due to the fact that i thought it was a little over priced for the size of the room we had. Also because there wasn't much variety on the breakfast table.
Overall our stay was great and I would definitely recommend this hotel for a wedding venue, or spa weekend away. The hotel is between 10-20 mins away from all local tourist attractions, for example: Chester zoo, the town centre and the designer outlet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa with its beautiful 19th Century original building has been tastefully and expertly extended to incorporate a vast range of facilities and accommodation. Nestled in the Cheshire countryside this hotel is ideally located just a five minute drive from Chester's historic city centre, yet a stone's throw from the border of Wales. Privately owned, this four star hotel offers 73 bedrooms all with en-suite facilities, while two restaurants provide guests with a choice of dining. The AA Rosette awarded Ciro's Brasserie is a magnificent Mediterranean themed restaurant specialising in modern European cuisine cooked using fresh, seasonal, local produce, while Nelson's Bar, the hotel's gastro-pub offers traditional ales and a wide selection of bar meals. Within the hotel is also Spa by Kasia, the North West's most exclusive and opulent spa. This luxury retreat offers 6 indulgent treatment suites, 3 relaxation rooms, a couple's VIP suite, traditional Hamman, Roman style swimming pool, Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, gymnasium, outdoor tennis court, Spa Boutique, Spa Eatery, and the unique and stunning Asian Sensory Garden. This welcoming hotel, with its stunning backdrop of the welsh mountains, is the perfect base from which to explore the beauty of Wales, Cheshire, the famous Roman city of Chester and The Wirral. There is an abundance of local attractions in and around the surrounding area, which include Chester Cathedral, Chester Race Course, Chester Zoo, Blue Planet Aquarium, McArthur Glen Designer Outlet, Beeston Castle, Castles of North Wales, Tatton Park, Ness Botanical Gardens and many more! The hotel offers ample free parking and complimentary internet access throughout and is easily accessible from the motorway network A55, M53, M56 and M6, and the international airports of Manchester and Liverpool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel And Spa
- Grosvenor Pulford Hotel Chester
- Grosvenor Pulford Chester
- Hotel Grosvenor Pulford