“GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY,WE WILL CERTAINLY RETURN”

Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Only stopped one night,we had two rooms,a double for my wife and I and a single room for my 86 year old mother in law.
Both rooms were excellent and on the ground floor.My Mother in Laws room was the perfect size and well equipped.Our room was also spot on(if a little small but perfectly formed).
The gardens are a nice walk as well.Also they are creating a Japanese style garden,which will only add to the ambiance of the hotel.
We had a superb meal in the hotel restaurant,Ciro's, my wife and I had one of the best veggie meals we have had for a long time.
After a good nights sleep we enjoyed a great buffet breakfast.
The staff were helpful and friendly and there was always someone around that would answer any queries.
All in all a great hotel and spa,where you don't feel rushed but relaxed.
We will be back!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,711)

Reviewed August 1, 2011

What a lovely place! My booking was rather last minute, being a couple of weeks before a wedding, and the lady in reservations could not do enough for me to accommodate my needs in a relatively short space of time. Nothing was too much trouble, and they were more than happy to help. They know what they do and they do it very very well indeed.

We were here for my brothers wedding and we were staying on the Friday night and the Saturday night, the wedding being on the Saturday. The hotel itself was beautiful, and completely unpretentious. At all times we felt at ease and everyone was so friendly. The swimming pool and spa areas were fantastic and a great place to meet up with the family, with one of the staff members even bringing around prepared fruit for us to eat while we were in the pool, which I think my brother had arranged specifically.

The food in the restaurant was really good, and a lot of care and effort had gone into the preparation, presentation and the cooking. I was a little disappointed they hadn't given a steak knife for the gammon though, which is always a sign of a really good restaurant in my eyes!

The wedding team were out of this world and made the whole day so magical. Our room was lovely, overlooking the fields at the back. And they had made sure there were two extra single beds for our children too.

My only little gripes would be that we had paid for a deluxe room which was supposed to come with robes and the odd little extra, which it didn't. And there was no water or glasses. And the fact that there was no minibar was a shame as it would have been used! But as a consequence, there was nowhere to put a drink to keep it cold. Hence me giving only four stars instead of five. But there was lots of tea, coffee and hot chocolate as well as biscuits.

It is a top wedding venue so I'm not too sure what it'll be like going back for a quiet stay on a weekend when there is a wedding going on with lots of people milling around and having a jolly good ol' time. We'll definitely try it though.

All in all a really good weekend, and we will be visiting again to take advantage of the Spa.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stayed for a weekend family event: all enjoyed the accomodation.

Highlights were the private dining room with fantastic service: particularly from the lead / head waiter whose attention to detail and thoughtful service really made the event something special.

The quality of the food is great; way above average... both the evening meals and the breakfasts were excellent.

Excellent location for Chester; outside the main city centre but close enough for easy travel.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2011

Myself and 5 friends stayed here for 1 night and really liked it. Rooms were spacious and clean, bar area had a nice warm feel and was a lovely place to have a drink. The pool/jacuzzi/steam room and sauna were all pleasant to use and all staff were friendly and approachable. Ten minutes from the centre of Chester as well so location wise, it's very good. Only minor thing I would mention was that there was no vegetarian alternative for the bacon/sausages/blackpudding at breakfast in the morning. There were plenty of cereals, fruit and eggs etc but it would have been nice to have some sort of veggie sausages or something (I did ask the waitor who asked the chef). Saying that I still ate well so it didn't cause any problems.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 15, 2011

Having spent the weekend with family celebrating the renewal of vows we decided to continue on to Chester for the remainder of the weekend. I did some research and found the Grosvenor Pulford online. We booked for a one night stay on the Sunday evening. Once we arrived having found the hotel very easily we were very efficiently checked in and shown to our room. I had a complimentary upgrade to an executive room (No.58) and both me and my partner were very impressed. The room was very big with an extremely comfy bed. We even had views across the countryside to the Welsh Mountains. The bathroom was equally as big and had a fab shower. We eventually headed down to the Spa area which is complimentary to staying guests, lockers and towels are all provided. The spa is very well done and a great area to relax, sadly the sauna was out of order whilst there but we still got to use the pool, jacuzzi, and steam room. After changing we headed down to Ciros for the sunday carvery, £9.95 I think it was and it was indeed very good with plenty to eat and the biggest Yorkshire puddings I have seen in a long while. Ciros was a very nice restaurant and had a lovely atmosphere, which was equally as nice for breakfast in the morning as well. There is also Nelsons bar which is very nice for a quiet drink and a bar meal if you wanted something less formal than Ciros.

All in all we had an extremely nice stay at this very nice hotel and would highly recommend it as I would Chester and the surrounding area for a break. We would stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveljester
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed at the Grosvenor Pulford Hotel & Spa and had to leave a review about it!!
First impressions were very good, old building with character. We arrived early so had alook around the grounds as it was a nice summer,s day. Beautiful gardens and ponds
with swans and ducks, and very tranquil. Check in was friendly and quick, just what you want after a long drive. We made the most of the leisure facilities, which are as good as
we have seen anywhere. The room was a double standard which was a good size, clean,
and had everything you need, Went to Chester for our evening meal but had breakfast
and it was excellent!! Checkout was also fast and friendly same as the rest of our stay.
IN A NUTSHELL, STAY HERE AND YOU WONT BE DISAPOINTED, HONEST!!!

Room Tip: Room Tip; Room 56, quiet room