“Awful thank goodness its closed!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bouchon - CLOSED

Bouchon
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Buckley
“Awful thank goodness its closed!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Have to say always thought this the same owners as Francs ohhh no Francs was a weak attempt at being an authentic French restaurant sadly it could only be compared to a motorway service station not a French restaurant hmmm bouchon was the same poor quality service value for money terrible francs go lie down and fade away no one wants your overpriced peasant food!!!!!!! Fact

1 Thank Gail140362

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food and perfect service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I'm not sure how we were the only people in the downstairs of the restaurant. The whole experience was perfect. I
t was a Monday dinner time that we went to Bouchon. The ambience is lovely, warm and friendly. French music playing softly in the background I felt was a nice touch. Our waiter was fantastic. Exactly the correct level of service you would want. Friendly, polite and relaxed he ensured that our all of our needs were catered for. He even gave great recommendations of where we could go on to as we were leaving.
There isn't a huge huge selection, though I can't see this as a problem. I would prefer a restaurant to have a smaller selection of things cooked beautifully than a vast selection of mediocre cuisine. Everything was very tasty, from the fresh cooked bread to the dessert. I had the typically french slow cooked beef stew and my boyfriend had the duck with apricots. I tried both and they were so so good. The wine was also really very good.
Overall in my opinion it was faultless.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank ChloeMiaow
Chester, United Kingdom
“Good food,good service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Very nice evening at Bouchon. The food was excellent, service good. Very pleasant little city centre restaurant. Quiet for a Friday so hopefully word spreads about this little gem.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jinnywilliams1
Chester, United Kingdom
“Not Bad, Until ...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would have said "reasonable", then I found out it failed its last hygiene inspection. Hmm. Not sure if there's been another inspection as yet. Might or might not return depending on that.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Mike M
Oxford, UK
“Excellent quality and good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

The menu is relatively short but the dishes that we had (starter, main and dessert) were all excellent. The service was prompt and attentive without being at all intrusive. Closes relatively early during the week.

• Visited July 2013