“Economical family meal”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Chester
“Economical family meal”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Having had a lovely meal for two at this restaurant we decided to take our two daughters aged 8 and 19. As before there was a warm welcome and excellent service. We were ravenous and the food was plentiful and delicious. Our 19 year old commented that she thought her age group would love it there and she is making a recommendation on face book. 3 main tandoori courses with salad, sauces, rice and 2 naan was plenty even with our big appetites. We were allowed to bring our own drinks so that brought the total cost down to under £37 for 4, It struck me that this delightful restaurant would make an excellent venue for a wedding reception as it could seat over 100 and is so well appointed. Anyway, try it for yourselves and tell your friends, What a gem in the heart of Upton and so easy to park. We were all full so the waiter gave the children ice cream sundaes to take home as a gift. Lovely surprise!

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Shameless with naan bread”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited plush spice with my parents on a recent visit to Chester,after wading through the broken glass and rubbish in the car park we arrived at the entrance, I was blown away by the quality of the decor considering its location and poorly lit car park, they have spent a lot of money to create a nice atmosphere for dining with generous am mounts of space between tables.we were greeted at the door and given a friendly welcome by the manager who seemed a little on edge, as I looked to the sofas on the left I saw a group of men in soiled work clothes and track suits. they were all drinking pints and I presumed waiting for takeaways , they were still there when we left 2 hours later and got louder and more vulgar as the evening wore on,the restaurant was barely half full but seemed to do a roaring trade in takeaways,each person who came for a takeaway had at least one pint,I don't know if they got a free drink with there order!!!!!!! The menu was quite good with a large selection of dishes at a fair price. After starters the service became fragmented at best with items arriving in spurts with incomplete drinks orders and large gaps in food service. Some highs and lows with food and some retro garnishing of the starters, the desserts were a disaster even for an Indian restaurant.the toilets were very good and clean,I went to pay the bill at the bar and asked the manager if I could pay quickly in order to stop my parents insisting on paying and he rudely asked why what's the problem,I explained my reason and he kindly told me that was ok then, he then gave me the pleasure of using the card machine between two ladies in shell suits who were drinking blue WKD from the bottle and had been near to a chip pan judging by there perfume. While one was trying to read my pin and look at my watch the other was telling the manager that jimmy had f****d off the the Oakland's and she wasn't staying in, I expected frank Gallagher to pop up from behind the bar, we were given a half hearted goodbye from across the restaurant and were relieved to find our cars intact. Overall this restaurant needs better customer service,and a dress code. It's a shame the investment in the interior deserves better

2 Thank David W
England
“Mmmmm lovely”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Hubby and I had been looking forward to going back to this special place. We were certainly not disappointed, the food is amazing. It just gets better and better. We try something different each time, amazing chef, service, and local. Can it get any better than that.

• Visited February 2013
“Pleases us every time!!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Plush spice is buy far the best Indian I've had the food is always spot on my an my partner will eat there at least once a week we live in Upton. And think its fair to say its what the place needed decent food. The staff are lovely and so friendly and decorated lovely I give it top marks 10 out of 10 for us :) Kirsty & Chris x

chester uk
“Food poor,surroundings good”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The starters were lovely and we thought wow,then the main course came and what a disappointment.We had 2 meals one was full of salt and the other was full of tomato purée .It was also very cold because of the openness of the room.The room was nicely decorated and the seats were modern and comfortable.We will not go there again as we were drinking water all night.