“Great restaurant”

Ranked #168 of 567 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Just had an amazing meal here! Food was spot on! I went for the lamb burger and in one word - SENSATIONAL! Service was excellent and a great atmosphere even on a monday. will be back

There are newer reviews for The Boathouse

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for lunch here one Sunday. We originally planned on going the day before but it was too busy and we couldn't get a table so we went the next day and it was much quieter. I had a beef burger and it was huge and such a challenge to eat but it was lovely! My boyfriend had a lamb burger and enjoyed it too. Overall was a nice place, good atmosphere and good food. Although it was table service we had to go to the bar to order our food due to no waitress/waiter coming to take our order, this was the only let down.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Just been in for a couple of pints & simple dinner. Located adjacent to the Dee with fab outdoor terrace. Heaters in booths and a roaring gas fire inside. Barman could be friendlier , good choice on menu and good pub grub. Part of JW Lees chain so reasonably priced , real chips with main courses. Will go again.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

My partner and myself popped in for lunch felt that service was a little slow, but friendly. Thought the food was bland not very exciting. I had the beef stew was really bland. just another 2 for a tenner style pub. Really a shame because the setting is lovely, perhaps we had caught them on a bad day. Sorry guys just ok.......,

BoathouseChester, General Manager at The Boathouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for getting in touch.

We welcome feedback both positive & negative as it lets us know what we are doing well & where we can improve.

I am sorry you weren't overly impressed with our food offer. Since your visit we have changed our menu so I hope you will not be put off from coming & trying us again as we strive to offer food that is much better than ok.

Kind regards

Philip Murray

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Had my first visit to the Boathouse over Easter weekend and I have to say I had a great meal. Everyone's food on the table looked good and mine tasted delicious. I had the steak in ale pie. The chips are great, best chips I have had in a while.

The staff were very friendly and the prices for food were good. I didn't pay for drinks so I cannot comment on the price.

As it was Easter bank holiday, I thought it would be really busy and food would take ages to come out to us but it didn't. Well done.

The atmosphere of the dining room was busy, bright and friendly. I had a great view of the river as we were sat right next to a window.

All very enjoyable and I will be returning.