“Edible-y passable..!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Hoole Indian Takeaway and Restaurant
Ranked #146 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Edible-y passable..!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hello to everyone and everyone at Trip. I was posted at Countess of Chester for a week of nights, on private contract. First of all, for a big place like Chester, not many indian restaurants are happy to deliver. There were 2 phone friendly joints , I used for my stomach, for dinner only. One is Hoole and the other one was Spicy.com@Chester. I'll review the latter separately. Returning to Hoole.....Food was quite basic...not authentic Indian taste. It was the same fare as you would get anywhere else. Chick tikka, aloo pakora, veg mains, roti and rice. I requested 2 dinners to be delivered. They were fast.....within 20 mins. I needed salt and a bit more spicy. Otherwise delivery was prompt. The cost wasn't heavy. If I return, I shall order from them, as a last resort. No pics as it was delivery.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere was great after they could squeeze us as a group of friends in last minute but what really made it was the exceptional food. We had 2 vegetarian platters between 4 which had some lovely homemade items on it. I had a chicken Pathia which I must say was the best I'd ever had! Lovely rice served in little pans. Can definitely recommend.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great value, great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food, one of the best Indian restaurants in chester! Great value for what you get! The staff couldn't be more accommodating! See you guys soon!

Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Really great meal this evening, wonderful food and exceptional service, both friends I was with thought exactly the same. Highly recommended.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Ok but wouldn't rush back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was rated 2nd best curry house in Chester when we went last week but we weren't impressed. We were the only ones in the restaurant and yet they still got our order and bill wrong. The popadoms were over cooked, the raitia was just yoghurt, the onion to go with the pops lacked cucumber, tomato and corriander though they did add it when we asked them too. The service was fine but the atmosphere was poor.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sara M
Saifur H, Owner at Hoole Indian Takeaway and Restaurant, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi Sara,
thanks for your honest review. Firstly, my apologies your evening was as not as enjoyable as you'd hoped for. I always give our customers a warm welcome, and do my very best to ensure they have a great eating experience, but unfortunately I had taken the evening off that Wednesday, and the bookings diary was a little light, as you have mentioned. I'm extremely sorry I was not there to welcome you, and to reflect our valued Tripadvisor rating. I do personally ensure our customers enter, and leave thoroughly satisfied. I do listen to all comments, good and bad, and I have taken it very personally that your experience was not a great one, and so I invite you contact me, so as I may make amends, and show you the fabulous eating experience, enjoyed by so many in Hoole. Thanks, and I look forward to welcoming you properly, at Hoole Indian.