“Excellent meals and great service”
Review of The Grosvenor Arms

The Grosvenor Arms
Ranked #65 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Waterlooville
“Excellent meals and great service”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

First timer, with very fussy mother and she thought it was fab! Very busy for Sunday lunch, rightly so as the food was delicious, generous, hot and of very good quality. Some say a little pricey, I say well done for a quality meal at a fair price. I'd rather pay a little more and have beef that tastes like beef and is as fresh as it comes! Service was good, our waitress was very attentive despite being very busy on multiple tables, but she still found time to have a quick genuine friendly chat. We will be back again when visiting, gardens were immaculate and very very nice,.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Anditaz

St. Asaph, United Kingdom
“Average but edible.”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Out with a friend for a meal on a Thursday night.
All the courses were ok, nothing special but at least all food was tasty enough.
The only down side to the night was the poor service.
The bar coped well but considering the amount of staff on in the restaurant
not one of the staff could really see people waiting, even when the area was quite clear and there was only four people in, the waitresses still stayed in a "pack" away from the tables.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mark S
Chester, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had afternoon tea here yesterday.
Wonderful tea, lovely selection of delicious sandwiches,cakes and sconesExcellent,fresh food.
Staff,friendly attentive, happy to accommodate our needs.
I have had afternoon tea in quite a few places including Grosvenor Hotel and this is top quality and excellent value for money.

Wales, United Kingdom
“Check the bill....”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Met a friend for lunch. Our meals were tasty and nicely presented. The waiter was very attentive. All good until we received the bill. When we explained we had been grossly overcharged there was no apology!

Enjoy your meals but check your bill!!

“Great pub food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I love this place.. I think this is probably about my 5th visit, and I am happy to say, I am moving near shortly so I will be visiting more often. There is always a great choice of tempting offers and the food is exceptionally good value for money. The portions are always on the ample side!
Food has always been very tasty. The pub has ALOT of character, and a lovely atmosphere, its my pub of choice for a pub super or lunch. Highly recommended for an all round sure bet.

1 Thank Fyberspates