“Lovely way to spend a Sunday.”
Review of The Grosvenor Arms

The Grosvenor Arms
Ranked #65 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Group of 13, including 5 children. Nice weather so we sat outside. Food was good and tasty. No complaints from anyone. Good size garden but also a very useful football pitch and play ground at the back of the carpark.
Staff are very polite without being sickly.
Definitely go again.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I picked this place because it was dog friendly for our family meet up. When we got there there were plenty of happy dogs and people. The garden area had a really a nice atmosphere before we even ordered anything. We sat in a booked table for nine that was in an area for dogs and we had plenty of space. The food was great as was the service. I have to compliment the chef of the choice of vegetables for the roast dinners. They were soooo tasty. We can highly recommend the Grosvenor Arms for a meal or just a drink.

1  Thank amyinlondon1964
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Visited with a party of 9, there was a good atmosphere on a sunny Friday evening. The menu was wide ranging and the food we had was very good - the highlight was the pineapple, mango and passion fruit pavlova - which was a massive dessert and a real hit with the 4 people who ordered it.
My only gripe is with the set up - no table service for large parties - which meant I spent a large part of the evening at the bar ordering several rounds of drinks, starters/mains/ desserts/ coffee's. Even when we were one of only 2/3 tables remaining, I was still directed to the bar for our orders. This approach may be fine for 2/4 of you, but I would not come back with this number of people unless the Grosvenor flex their approach in a similar way to the Pant Yr Ochain (same chain) who do offer table service for larger parties.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The Grosvenor Arms is in Aldford, a small village just outside Chester. It's a Victorian building, with a lovely beer garden at the back, and views in all directions of Cheshire countryside. We went on a summer evening, so it was perfect. The menu is extensive, and the food imaginative and very well cooked and presented. Portions were generous and very tasty. My sea bass on risotto was delicious, with hints of several flavours, and my companions all enjoyed traditional pub food and more adventurous dishes. The atmosphere is as much village pub as restaurant, and the service was friendly and efficient. We had booked a table in the library on a dull day, but due to the lovely weather changed to the conservatory, then when we got there, decided to eat in the garden. This didn't stop the staff being friendly and efficient, though the place was very busy. This place would be great for a summer lunch, but equally for a winter evening. Lovely surroundings, great food.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

A friend and I visited on Friday evening, we both chose the lamb cutlets - delicious. Friendly staff and fast service. I look forward to a return visit.