“Christleton Night Out.”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed October 10, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

There are newer reviews for Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Useful stopover location for us on our way home to Scotland after holiday in West Country. Have used the hotel before and found it fine. However we were in Room 350 on the first floor - really small and so hot even when no heating in the room was on. Small problem with electric shower in the morning, but it may just have been a fuse that had blown and there was no hot water as a result. We were on a DBB package and food in the evening and at breakfast was good, although the hotel was very busy that weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel.

I do hope that you will return to the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Apart from one issue at the bar that was dealt with very professionally by the Hotel Manager, I would recommend this hotel to anybody. The rooms were immaculate, bed extremely comfy, sauna and spa area equally as impressive. A young female on the bar was so friendly and welcoming, and I believe she has only been at the hotel a very short time - credit to her. Breakfast was very enjoyable with a lovely view from the dining room window.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Paul S
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that I could assist you after the event personally, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the barmaid who served you and the remainder of the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Why not follow us on twitter @mercurechester or like us on Facebook at ‘Mercure Chester Abbots Well’ for special offers and information.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for two nights, saturday and sunday for my birthday.
Here are a few points:
- check in was quite simple, but the receptionist didnt seem to want to be there, not very welcoming. Lots of free parking, always found a space.
-our room was on the ground floor, it was very clean and cosy, but we felt it was a bit average for the price paid. (200 for 2 nights!) I didnt think the bed was very comfy either, I had a bad back returning home.
- the hotel isnt central at all, takes about 10mins to drive to the centre and parking there is a nightmare! Dont stay here if you like to walk to the town.
- the bar is very expensive at 7pounds for a glass of wine and over 4 pounds for a pint of lager. They seriously need to lower their prices, more people would use the bar and it would be a much better atmosphere.
- the spa facilities were lovely, but we didnt get told by the reception that a baby swim class was on until we were changed and entered the swimming pool!
- I wouldnt return here again, but would definately return to chester and stay in a more central hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here for a Thursday and Friday night there were lots of car parking spaces, check in was quick and easy. Our room had enough space for a travel cot and to still move around. All staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was of a good quality and the swimming pool was fantastic and also quiet and warm enough for our baby to swim in. The only negative was that we could only seem to open the disabled entrance from the inside and to get in from outside one of us had to run in and open it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was a dealwith 2 nights b and b with dinner on the first night.the food was excellent ,the staff really helpful and the spa area delightful.Yes,the rooms were a bit worn but they were spotlessly clean .
The hotel is also in a great location

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank peartib
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was a mid week 2 night stay. The check in was less than efficient. Hotel is in a good location for visiting all the sights adjacent to park and ride. Hotel car park park is free. Room and bathroom were dated, worn and in need of refurb. Public areas were modern and pleasant. Spa and leisure centre were excellent with very helpful and friendly staff. Bar food was average.
Our major complaint was that several contractors in their high vis working clothes populated the bar area straight from the work site each evening along side other guests. Not what you expect! Would we stay there again - NO!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be suitable for you, but disappointed that on this occasion we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence. On a more positive note I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be very helpful and friendly.