“daily mail offer”

Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Chester
yeovil
“daily mail offer”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

stayed at mercure hotel chester,daily mail offer.could not have been better value,£135
for 2 nights b&b plus one dinner .included.rack rates for all food would have been £72.so for two of us a great deal. Food excellent,staff courteous and helpful.Great indoor pool&gym.We have booked two more trips on this offer Such good value.

Room Tip: No lift so ask for ground floor room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Why not follow us on twitter @mercurechester or like us on Facebook at ‘Mercure Chester Abbots Well’ for special offers and information.

James Lake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Billingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 19, 2013

my wife, and i. stayed only 2 nights,which was a shame,given the close proximity,to chester town centre, and all its attractions.the staff, are acredit to the hotel. also the rooms are comfortable.many thanks for a enjoyable stay. denis and jackie failes.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank rosehelen
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now, twice when it was Ramada Jarvis and now once when it has changed hands. I have paid a different price each time I have stayed here, the last time I stayed I paid £50 (midweek) for the night, just for the room, if I wanted breakfast that was an extra £10!! Little bit pricey. I paid for breakfast the first time I went and wouldn't do it again. Especially since the food just isn't that great. (There is an Asda round the corner) Every time I have stayed here, the rooms have been clean and I like how the price of the room includes access to the gym, pool and other facilities, this one of the main reasons why I keep going back. It is an added bonus to be able to relax in the sauna/ Jacuzzi.

The hotel is close to the city centre which is convienient and about 15 minutes from the zoo. (which I love).

Room Tip: There are no good rooms in particular, they all have either views onto a car park or a badly kept co...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Paid £225 for one room, two people, for two nights B&B. No rapport at reception, just robotic questions and directions. Everything in the room was 'sticky', the remote, light switches... everything. Cracked floor tiles in the bathroom and no shower curtain (by design... even though the floor got soaked). Thin hard towels, wafer thin toilet paper and only two tea bags! You have to use your room towel for the swimming pool or pay extra. There was only one small drawer for the whole room and one small open hanging rail, no wardrobe, no bedside cabinets, nothing.

Asked for tea three times at breakfast before we got any. Breakfast staff were friendly and helpful, but just seemed dis-organised. Only one milk available for cereals, no choice, no labels on anything. Fried food was okay.

If we had paid a third of the price, this would have been okay... ish. Everything in the hotel seems geared up to economising, well I do that at home so that I can go to a hotel and enjoy my stay!

Lastly, cigarette stubs littered the entrance and people were smoking by the front entrance. As I'm not a smoker, this is not acceptable to me. We chose Mecure because we wanted something better, we never got it.

Room Tip: Read review first.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChester, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence.

I do hope that you will return to the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel in the near future thus allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Yours sincerely
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed 1 night with daughter to make it easier to get to Chester Zoo.
There was a wedding reception taking place when we stayed.

The hotel is in a great location. Plenty of parking spaces.

The front desk staff were friendly and check-in was swift.
The room on the first floor was clean, well kept and well equipped.
Pull out bed was all set up when we arrived in room, as requested.

Free Wifi is available throughout hotel.

There is a leisure club, although we only used the swimming pool.
Changing facilities were fine.
Pool was ideal for an eager 4 year old to splash around in.
There are 2 pools (1 suitable for smaller kids) and a Jacuzzi.
Do ensure that you wait for a member of staff at the desk if you want a locker.

We had early dinner at the bar. Staff were very good.
The menu is suited to just adults. I didn't see any child menus and wasn't offered any other choices. Despite this, the food arrived quickly and was fine.

Breakfast service was very good. Very polite and friendly staff.
A good variety of food and caters for those who like a hearty breakfast and those who prefer something lighter.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

The hotel is suited to business travellers, couples and friends based on the location and facilities.

My only negative feedback is that the hotel did have an opportunity to do more to accommodate kids i.e. kid's food menu or choice of smaller portions, crayons/paper.
If in doubt, please just ask your hotel guests what you can do for them :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the 1st floor may overlook the noisy ventilation system. Rooms on the ground floor are clo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Kent, the Garden of England
Reviewed June 15, 2013

My first impression when entering the hotel was that it looked a bit tired, but my room had obviously just been refurbished as I could smell 'newly decorated' as I entered, so maybe the whole hotel will be freshened up.
The service, food and cleanliness were all very good, my only gripe is how thin the walls must be. I stayed for 5 nights on business and the first two nights two women next door kept me awake with their laughter and what appeared to be furniture moving, (several loud thumps over about an hour). Then there was the couple whose conversation I could hear, even though they did not appear to be raising their voices. After that there was the German gentleman whose telephone conversation I could hear as clearly as if he was in the room with me - fortunately I don't speak German :)
Most of these instances happened during the evening and the bed was very comfortable so it was only the first couple of nights that my sleep was disturbed, but I was surprised that I could hear so much from guests in the rooms either side.
Other than that, my stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Chicago
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The positives: Free and strong in-room Wifi. Large room. Clean and neat though somewhat tattered and in need of an update. The lobby and restaurant are quite nice. Unfortunately not much else was positive. After flushing the toilet the first time, it ran noisily for several long minutes and I decided that the last thing I should do is flush it when I wanted to go to bed because the loud gurgling would prevent any sleep at all. I was worried that it would run all night. The walls are thin and the floors above squeak loudly. The room was roastingly hot and there was no thermostat to be found - fortunately it was quite cold outside and though I could only open the window a few meager inches, it cooled the room well. I can't imagine what this room would be like if the outside temperature had been higher than 3°. The bed was incredibly hard and lumpy with thick foam pillows that had no give at all. I discovered as I stayed in two more Mercure Hotels on this trip, that this bed is the norm for Mercure which resulted in several nights of uneasy sleep for this traveler. I do not recommend any Mercure Hotels.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends