“short break”

Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Ranked #28 of 45 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was more than adequate with full English, fresh fruit, cereals, yogurts etc.
A taxi into town was under £5, we went Friday 22/03/13 and the weather was awful but I would return as Chester looked as though it has a lot to offer in the Summer.
I would prefer to stay closer to the centre but depending on price I would not hesitate staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gary01
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

On Friday 22nd of March our son was married, with a planned reception at a local venue. Because of the extreme weather conditions the power was cut to this venue, an alternative venue was sought at very short notice. Luckily a guest at the wedding was an employee at the Mercure Hotel. A number of phone calls were made and alternative plans were put in motion, with the consent and to the relief of the original venue management. Transfering 100 guests and disco to the Mercure hotel proved to be a daunting move.
The mercure staff were upto the challenge. Extra kitchen, bar and waiting staff were called in with the result that the evening reception was a great success, which was organised within a couple of hours. The reception room, along with ALL staff and food was fantastic. Guest bedrooms were booked at short notice and of a very high standard.
Thank you very much to Mercure Hotel management and staff for all your excellent efforts which saved our son and daughter in laws evening reception at the drop of a hat.
All these efforts were commented on and much appreciated by the bride,groom,their parents and guests that had travelled from all over the country in adverse weather.
WELL DONE MERCURE HOTEL CHESTER. YOU SAVED THE DAY.

All the very best and good wishes
Bob and Jeanette Knight.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that we had saved the day and you enjoyed the event, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I cannot fault the hotels accommadation , service or the food provided for my wifes surprise birthday party.Claire and Bev were fantastic organisers of the event. All went smoothly and all the staff during the evening were brilliant .My wife had a fantastic birthday to remember.I recommend anyone to use them if they want the perfect stay and party,.

1  Thank merseyBirkenhead

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your event with us and particularly the customer service you received from Claire and Bev, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto them both and the remainder of the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

All we required from our stay was a very quick overnight stop to break up a trip.. For £100 in a 4 star Hotel we thought it sounded good enough, although I wish we had paid the extra £14 for the Hilton now.

I work in a very customer service based environment and so I may be over analytical on certain things but I am by no means fussy or difficult. On arrival the girl at the desk was very pleasant, but why no welcome? Good evening and welcome to.. How may I help you?? Raising your eyes and smiling while waiting for me to say something is not a greeting!

The room was basic but comfortable and clean, however.. The air con didn't work, two bulbs were out, the shower was *freezing*, the handle fell off the shower pressure control and the walls were so thin that you could hear people walking around their room next door. If it had been a 3 star Hotel and 65 for the night I may have been less upset but clearly they aspire to something else.

Breakfast was ok but they use a conveyor toaster which sounds like it needs some wd40.. The whole room fills with the sound of it's screeching. A really minor point perhaps but makes.if difficult to relax, especially after a poor night's sleep.

As I say, 3 star Hotel at a budget price and you would accept it.. This is not a 4 star Hotel and is priced way above it's level.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence.

I do hope that you will return to the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel in the near future thus allowing us the opportunity to restore your confidence in us.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed here for a short trip to Chester. The two staff members on reception on arrival made you feel very welcome and very efficient and informative. Room small and dated but couldnt fault the cleaniness. Quite noisy as three busy roads and a train line close by so dont know if I would stay here again if on a longer visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Reviewed March 20, 2013

"We arrived in Chester by Train from the station to the Hotel we took a taxi (about 2 miles) and cost £6. On arrival at Reception we had a very warm welcome, a member of the team went to check our room prior to giving us the key. Our room was a studio room 121 a lovey clean twin bedded room as reqested. A good size bathroom clean and well stocked with the normal items, shower gel/shampoo etc. The mini break included dinner on the first night which was excellent very enjoyable. After a good nights sleep we had lovely breakfast with a very good choice of food available. After a short time we decided to have a swim and sauna in the leisure spa included in the package which was also very enjoyable. The 3 days went so quickly and would like come again without doubt. Thank you to all the team making our stay great look forward to our next stay.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor and was very quiet would recommend room 121 if you like a twin bedd...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Chef Adam's cooking was exceptional. We were fortunate that Adam come into the restaurant to talk to us, and his enthusiasm for his job was outstanding. The service was top quality thanks to the staff on duty at the time: Yvette Black, Laura Brown, Anthony Woolley.
In addition, we regularly use the spa and can highly recommend it.

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly the customer service you received from Adam, Anthony, Yvette and Laura, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto them and the remainder of the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.