“Good hotel. Poor drinks.”

Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Llanrug, Wales, United Kingdom
“Good hotel. Poor drinks.”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here on the 2nd of February for one night. The staff in the reception was lovely and helpful, the room was nice and quite spacious. Very nice swimming pool. We had some drinks at the bar before going out for our meal, i can honestly say that my boyfriend had the worst pint ever, as i work in a bar myself i know a different between a good and bad pint and his was very flat he told them and got another one yet again still the same. We found that the young lad in the bar wasn't very nice and to be completely honest quite snobby, wasn't very welcoming what so ever should learn to be more nice to the customers. But overall had a really good stay here and would come back again but definitely will be avoiding the bar the next time.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Stephanie G
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your feedback on Tripadvisor following your stay at the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel.

I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be suitable for you, but disappointed that on this occasion we did not exceed your expectations. I have noted your constructive criticism as your feedback is very important to us as we continue in our search for excellence and we will look into why the beer was not as it should have been.

I do hope that you will return to the Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely
James Lake

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

stayed at this hotel first weekend in feb hoping for a nice break with the children. Room was ok and the kids loved the warm pool .But was let down massively as I left my hair straightners in the hotel room and when I rang the hotel to ask if theyd been handed in nothing!!!. I waited a whole day and still no one had rung me to update me, I rang again that evening and got told theyd look into it again an hour and a half later no phone call??? I rang back to be told sorry no hair straightners in the room??????? so where are these straightners because they were left in that room!! I am very disappointed for a 4 star hotel with its services and that the answer is still not good enough " I know it must be frustrating but we cant help on this occasion" Terrible as those straightners can only be in one place right now and that cleaner that day knows where!! Never ever recommend this hotel as they just don't care about there customers!! I have had no hair straightners returned, no refund nothing just " sorry on this occasion" rubbish,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jody t
Dear Trip Advisor

I understand that my Head Housekeeper spoke with you the following day after she had a chance to speak to all concerned as nothing had been reported as found in the lost property log. In addition I spoke to you personally the following day. I was obviously disappointed that we could not find your straighteners, we do have a robust lost property system in place and return belongings to guests daily.

Yours sincerely
James Lake

Travelers are raving about these Chester hotels

england
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here on the 3rd-5th of February this year as a part of KGB and we thought it was enjoyable,We read a few bad comments but we thought they are over acting.When we arrived the laday in the reception was friendly and helpful the same with the housekeepers.The first night we went down for a meal in the restaurant the food was very tasty service was a bit slow though We went for breakfast on sunday it was so busy and just 2 staff in,the lady with a suit doing the door was very nice and humble keep apologising to everyone we were wondering how she can manage to handle doing all rhe jobs from clearing tables,serving tea etc.

next day was better but on our last day of breakfast we were a bit disappointed with the service because we have to wait for a while on the door,A polish guy took as in didn't even smile and apologize and the restaurant were full of dirty plates.We went to the buffet it wasn't nice to look at the tomatoes and bacon were burnt and so as the baked beans,dish was dry and food all over the hot plate.Apart from this comments everything else was good.we will stay here again...... was

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank shabby34
Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have stayed before. enjoyed two night stay, with evening meal on first night. service overall excellent. enjoyed heated indoor pool and jacuzzi. staff very friendly. Location just outside chester but close enough. would return

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, February 8, 2013

Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed at mercure chester abotts well hotel this weekend .when we there we had a warm welcome from the front desk.the bar staff and the restauarant staff and the housekeeping team was excellent.anthony was wonderfull. We went in to the town .we had a lovely walk long the canel.i would come again in the summer.i am going to tell my
Friends and family

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank michellemaylon
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly the customer service you received from Anthony, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto him and the remainder of the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here November 2012. The outside looked a little in need of an update. However looks can be deceiving, the hotel inside was beautiful, the rooms were immaculate and the facilities were outstanding.

Distance to Chester centre realistically requires a bus or taxi but there is a bus right outside the hotel you can catch. The only thing I would say is the walls between rooms are a little thin, we could hear our next door neighbour... however it wasn't something that was an issue.

If you book here you wont be disappointed

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matt R

James Lake

Ps. Check out the new exterior paint job when you next stay!
Runcorn, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed for 2 days in jan 2013, the staff were lovely, very friendly and polite. The room was clean, there was plenty of toiletries, the towels were clean, i did ask for an extra one, this was no trouble at all for the staff. the meals were great and plenty of choices. Will be returning this year with other family members. In all we really did enjoy our stay and would recommend the hotel

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel later this year.