“cannot fault”

Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed October 25, 2012

1st time in chester for me and my wife,nice area/location,+not to far from the town,all staff dedicated,cheerful+helpful,superclean,great beds,warm
,the food is first class,we intend to go again without doubt..well done mercure.

Room Tip: all rooms on south side are best.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor

Thank you for your recent review of the Mercure Chester Abbots Well on Tripadvisor.com

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel

Reviewed October 23, 2012

wow ! what a truly wonderful weekend 20/10/2012 the whole experience from the moment we stepped through the door,claire,paul and dom couldnt have done more to ensure my daughter, son in law and all the wedding guests were looked after above and beyond expectations even down to an emergency safety pin for one of the bridesmaids ! (thank you paul) the hotel was very clean and the service was amazing. Thank you again.

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto Paul and the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

On a KGB deal for 2 nights which was a great bargain. Room very good size. Hotel staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Swimming pool/sauna area great, not too busy. Good choice at breakfast, it was very busy on the Saturday but still not much queuing needed. Had nice meal in hotel restaurant (with free bottle of wine) on the Saturday. If weather is good thoroughly recommend walking to town via canal route. Took about 35/40 mins but that's a slow walk. Cab to/from Cheshier Oaks Outlet Village around £11 but well worth a visit. Thank you to all the staff who made this a very enjoyable break!

Room Tip: Possibly only critique would be room 215 was nearest to the stairs so people thumping up and down th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank RobCroydon

Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

After finding a special offer online I telephoned and was offered an upgrade to a double suite, as it was an anniversary break I decided to pay the extra. What an excellent choice that turned out to be.
The room was spacious, clean and well appointed, and the staff really couldn't do enough for us.
We will be returning for a Xmas shopping trip to Chester and will definitely be stopping there again

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed October 22, 2012

From the moment we chose this hotel for our wedding we have been extremely pleased with everything, nothing is ever too much trouble for our wedding planner clare laird.

During our wedding on saturday(20/10/2012) we were superbly looked after by paul and his team from the minute we arrived at the hotel, we cannot rate the hotel and their staff highly enough. Our evening reception was looked after by dominic and once again he was amazing making sure everyone was looked after and being on hand the whole evening ensuring both myself and my husband were happy with everything from the room set up to the buffet.

Myself and my husband would like to say a huge thankyou to everyone at the hotel for making our wedding a stress free and truly amazing day.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GMMercureChesterEast, General Manager at Mercure Chester Abbots Well Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto Claire, Dominic, Paul and the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback. More Star Awards on the way to the team!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

this review is more about the day than the hotel we only stayed the night on the twentieth the room itself was fine for an overnighter.i attended a wedding at the hotel and from the moment we arrived to the minute we left we were totally looked after special mention must go to paul the manager who was so in control without being pushy the day was so smooth and well run you couldn,t fault it. food was of a good standard and probably just enough although i did manage an extra portion of sticky toffee pudding.night time we partied until just past one-o-clock and again i can honestly say the buffet provided was the best i,ve tasted and the only real downside was the price of the drinks proper chester prices but that,s the price you have to pay,don,t often spend 90 quid and still be sober even if it wasn,t all on my drinks breakfast next morning was again plentiful and set us up for the day. so if anybody fancies a wedding package you could do far worse than booking here.once again a big thank you to all involved in making spence and kelly,s day so special and trouble free

Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked this for myself & my 3 daughters birthdays, as 1 was 9 while we were here & the other 2( who live away from home) have birthdays in Nov so was good excuse for everyone to get together.
From the moment we checked in the staff were lovely & helpful & professional, they couldn't do enough for us and this was true with every1 we encountered the whole weekend.
Rooms were lovely & spacious & spotlessly clean, I don't know how anyone could complain about them.
Towels were changed daily & rooms cleaned.
We used the pool every day which was very nice & warm, towels provided when you got there too which is a help..
The Sunday was my daughter's 9th birthday, I rang reception & asked would the breakfast staff put a balloon { I had bought ) on the table with some presnts I went down to the restaurant with the gifts & staff were so obliging & asked what time did we want to eat & they'd ring when table was ready.
We came down to a lovely table & the staff had put on an extra balloon too , my daughter was delighted, she got a box of Magic tricks & a lovely staff member , Mark Owen , let her show hm her " eyeball falling out & nail through the finger " trick. He was really lovely with her & still did his job too.
Breakfast was great with a really good choice of menu, and plenty to eat, again staff were fabulous and so helpfull, nothing was too much trouble.
I cannot rate this hotel or ALL of the staff, highly enough & we would definately like to come back.
We have been on numerous weekend breaks this year , but this was definately the best so far.
We had booked on a Groupon deal, but I would definately stay again at usual price.

Room Tip: Didn't use the spa so can't comment but would definately come here again
1  Thank DEE-DEE1960140660

Dear Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, please be assured that I will pass your kind comments onto Mark and the team, I know that they will all be delighted to read your feedback. Well done Mark, Star Award on the way for you!!