“Lovely experience”

Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2012

After enjoying a lunch a couple of weeks ago with my boyfriend, where we had lovely pulled pork sandwiches. I suggested that my mum and I visit again for lunch. It was this Sunday, so we weren't sure whether we should have reserved a table as this is a very popular place.
On arrival we noticed it was indeed busy, but were seated very quickly and our drinks were brought over very promptly! I chose to eat of the Christmas menu which was excellent value for money! I went for the beef which was excellent quality and then followed it with the chocolate tart which was equally as lovely and well presented. Staff were all very friendly and food came quickly. I will absolutely be visiting again and will happily recommend to others.

Michael S, General Manager at The Chester Fields, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Yeb123,
Thank you for taking the time to review us and bringing Mum along too!
Sunday's are very popular at TCF - roaring fires, great roasts and cracking bloody mary's - and the buzz really adds to the atmosphere!!
I am glad you enjoyed it, particuarly second time around as well, and hope that we can see you back here soon!
Michael

Write a ReviewReviews (1,149)

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Not where I would suggest for a romantic dinner but a great place to meet with friends. Modern decor but unlike so many new places it didn't feel like a noisy canteen. The Service was almost faultless and the staff who all seemed to enjoy what they were doing and made a real effort to help you enjoy your evening without being just too familiar.The menu was a little limited but as this was a few weeks before Christmas there was a lot of effort being concentrated on a good selection of seasonal dishes. No doubt during the rest of the year it would have greater appeal. for me.Good selection of steaks and an excellent three way salmon starter. Only criticism I have is this recent fad for 'hand cut chips' which are always inconsistent and rarely as good as fries. The food was good but not the best value for money but the ambience and service made it turn out to be an excellent evening..

Dear Richard-Scott,
Thank you for your comments and review.
I am glad that you had an excellent evening and the team looked after you well! Our a l a carte menu is slightly reduced in December, although retaining our steaks and pub classics. We do, though, have a fixed price festive menu that runs along side our a la carte.
Thanks again and hope we can welcome you back again very soon.
Regards,

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I visited with friends for a Christmas Night Out. We were warmly welcomed and shown to our table.
We all ate off the Christmas Menu which was lovely. I had Parsnip and Chestnut soup which was gorgeous one of the nicest soups I've ever had. This was followed by Beef Pave which was beautifully cooked, the beef was so tender, it fell apart. Dessert was chocolate tart with pistacho ice cream which was rich and indulgent.
The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and the staff were excellent.
I will definately be visiting again!

Dear VacationGirl!
Many thanks for your review!
I am pleased that you enjoyed our festive menu so much! It feels like we have been planning all year for December and great to see that our menu is ticking the right boxes!
Thank you again and look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We called in to The Chester Fields on our way back from Christmas shopping in Chester. As always, we received a warm welcome from friendly and professional staff. Good quality food is served here along with a full selection of wines, beers, cask ales and on the evening we were there, warm cider ! All this in a relaxed environment in a venue that has been transformed by the present owners. Well done.

Dear Sam,
Thank you for your review and kind comments!
We have warm Rekorderlig cider available all Winter, alongside regulary changing cask ales. Weetwood Cheshire Cat is an ever-present, though!
Thanks again and hopefully we will see you over the festive period!
Regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Having been to the restaurant several times since it initially opened last year, I have to say the original menu was by far my favourite. However, still absolutely great food, wouldn’t call it cheap however the quality has always made up for that in my experience. Drinks are expensive, but they occasionally do 50% off all food nights so don’t mind spending a bit more on drinks then. The place has a lovely atmosphere, it’s really warm and lively with friendly staff. It could perhaps do with a slightly more diverse menu.

Michael S, General Manager at The Chester Fields, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Dear Ellie876,
Thank you very much for your review.
It is fantastic to see that you enjoy our food so much, although I do note your comments about wanting the menu to be more diverse. If you would like to contact me directly it would be great to hear in detail what tweaks you think could be made in terms of the selection. We are always listening to our guest feedback and constantly looking at ways to improve.
I see you have heard about our 50% off food nights - we normally have one of these a month, usually a Tuesday. For January we will be holding FIVE! The first will be New Years Day evening, from 5pm, then every Tuesday for the rest of the month. Book up quick!!
Many thanks again and look forward to seeing you back at TCF very soon!