“Great atmosphere and a really comfy stay”
Review of The Bunkroom

The Bunkroom
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Bunkroom provided a fantastic, budget stay with easily accessible facilities and a cozy atmosphere. Decked out with 'cute' rugs, tables and portraits around the place you feel right at home. The outside area also adds a lovely touch and would be great for use especially in Summer. Staff were very smiley and helpful and we got everything we accepted, and more in terms of comfort!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for The Bunkroom

Reviewed February 8, 2014

An excellent place to stay - close to the town centre, walkable neighbourhood, terrific amenities - very well-equipped kitchen and super clean. Chris was a tremendous host with lots of help and suggestions for enjoying Chester. Additionally the cost is really reasonable for what is provided.
We appreciated the "cosy-ness" of the Bunkroom and Chris' efforts to create a home away from home. We definitely recommend it, and would go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Very cheap, clean, there is also a nice patio, books and TV in the living room... You can also cook. The owners are here if you need anything.
Excellent value for money.

If I have a few more days to Chester, I know I will come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Never used a bunkhouse in a city before but this was brilliant.
6 family members shared a room for an overnight stay for a wedding in Chester. Much cheaper way of doing it than Travel Lodge etc and it was great. Was amazed that the price included breakfast and the staff were really friendly. Would definitely do it again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here one night. The guy who let me in was really friendly and helpful. The dorms very clean, showers were hot and my bed was so, so comfy. The mattress and pillow were amazing for a hostel. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in Chester for a conference and needed somewhere nearby that I can afford on a student budget. I'm so glad i chose here. Everything was great, particularly the customer service. From my first phone call I was treated as a guest. The kind receptionist understood my anxiety about travelling as a woman alone and said that she would try to out me in a room with other women. This was the case when I got there, and i shared with three other lovely quiet ladies. Facilities were fab and made me feel at home. If you are ok about sharing a room and making your own food, I urge you to go here and save at least half the price of a hotel or b&b!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved our stay at The Bunkhouse. It was easy to find from the train station and a nice walk into the centre of Chester. Our room was really clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, plus the whole place was well kept up. We were able to keep our backpacks there after check-out, which is so nice when you have a little extra time to explore before catching the train.

Loved it. Recommend it. If we are ever back in Chester, this would be our top choice!

• Stayed: October 2013