“Petect”

The Bunkroom
London, England, United Kingdom
“Petect”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed here one night. The guy who let me in was really friendly and helpful. The dorms very clean, showers were hot and my bed was so, so comfy. The mattress and pillow were amazing for a hostel. I highly recommend this place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I was in Chester for a conference and needed somewhere nearby that I can afford on a student budget. I'm so glad i chose here. Everything was great, particularly the customer service. From my first phone call I was treated as a guest. The kind receptionist understood my anxiety about travelling as a woman alone and said that she would try to out me in a room with other women. This was the case when I got there, and i shared with three other lovely quiet ladies. Facilities were fab and made me feel at home. If you are ok about sharing a room and making your own food, I urge you to go here and save at least half the price of a hotel or b&b!

• Stayed November 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved our stay at The Bunkhouse. It was easy to find from the train station and a nice walk into the centre of Chester. Our room was really clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, plus the whole place was well kept up. We were able to keep our backpacks there after check-out, which is so nice when you have a little extra time to explore before catching the train.

Loved it. Recommend it. If we are ever back in Chester, this would be our top choice!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jade P
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We wanted to visit Chester because of it's long history dating to before the Romans arrived and because we could day trip to Liverpool. The Bunkroom was a perfect location for this plan. It's located within easy walking distance from both the walled centre of Chester and the train station. Our room was a double with comfy bed, sink, and enough space to put bags and stuff. The shared bathroom was downstairs, a bit of a trek in the night. Perhaps the best feature was the shared kitchen. It was well equipped and clean with refrig and shelf space to keep our food. Our week in Chester passed quickly and we'd consider returning again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan G
England
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Wow!!! I was a little dubious when booking The Bunkroom as it is a hostel but I would not hesitate to stay here again. We had a 6 bed dorm with an en suite. The room was a little small but considering it had three bunk beds in it, it wasn't too bad at all. The lady on reception who checked us in was lovely, polite and helpful. The lady shown us around and said if we need anything to just ask. There is a kitchen that you can use with free tea and coffee also cupboards and a fridge to store your items, there's a dining/eating area where you have your continental breakfast and off there is a TV, sofa area. There is also an outside seating, which is kind of hippy ish and it is so cosy with cushions and throws.(Fab idea)
We paid £126 for 6 people for bed and breakfast. It is in a perfect location just minutes from the town and train station. You have to pay£5 deposit for the key which you get back when you return the key. Overall fab!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank KellyEngland
manchester uk
Reviewed October 22, 2013

my son stayed here ,to see his girlfreind in unniversty he found the staff very freindly and helpfull and the accomadation very clean and freindly ,he arrived late at night but there was a member of staff waiting for him to show him his room.

Room Tip: choose a room sleeps four