“Disgusting”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Called here for a meal last Saturday night after a day at the races, after reading reviews on here was expecting a nice meal how wrong could we have been. The starters were flash fried in old cooking oil so all you could taste was oil. The main course was bland and watery the chapattis had been warmed up in the microwave all in all a awful meal, the place was very busy and it was if they wanted you in and out as fast as they could. Me and my wife have visited Indian resturants all over the uk and this was one of the worst, maybe we caught it on a bad day? But it was truly terrible.

1  Thank Jimbobnlisa

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Had a 2 course set menu on a Sunday night - £8.95 each. We were amazed at the portion sizes and quality of food for what we paid, awesome. One of the best Indian Meals for a long time. Service was faultless.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic restaurant!

The food is excellent and the service is great. Very warm and friendly staff.

We ended up going in here on our way to find a different Indian and I'm so glad we did!

Would definately eat here again when we next visit Chester!

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited Step in India last night, again! Once again we were not disappointed at all, after our last visit we asked if we could be seated at one of their booths, we find the booths to be more private and romantic. The food as always fresh and very tasty, cannot fault at all, the waiters again very helpful and always at hand when need be. We will be back next week, can't wait.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have tried many indian restaurants and seen many places try to cut down on cost so the quality of food tends to decline over time. Not this place. My first choice when eating out is Indian food and step in india is my favourite. Great food! Great service! Great value! I am a regular here and i highly recommend.