“relaxation food and wine”
Review of Artichoke

Artichoke
Ranked #21 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Contempory cafe, bar and bistro. From Sunday Roast to coffee, tea and toast, cocktails to real ales. Relaxed and friendly service combined with quality food and drinks. A great range of homemade cakes, real ale from Cheshire breweries, continental lager and artisan beers, modern bistro dining using the finest local suppliers and a wine and cocktail list second to none.
Reviewed April 27, 2014

What a great bar and restaurant. The food was excellent and well presented. I had the chicken and the hubby had a steak, both melted in your mouth. The pudding were so tempting too.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

My partner and I ate here in February 2014 for dinner. The atmosphere is fairly casual but not somewhere you'd look out of place if you dressed up (think nice bar). The food was fantastic. A really good choice, with some more unusual dishes, that changes regularly. Food was fine dining quality but pub portions, perfect! Prices were mid range.

After dinner we moved from the restaurant at the back to the bar at the front for cocktails. The barman was really helpful, suggesting off-menu options for my boyfriend who wanted a more 'manly' cocktail!

Since having dinner here, we've been back for lunch which was equally as good and I suspect this will become a regular favourite of ours.

1  Thank donnalovescheese
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Very impressed with the pizza here, freshly made and stone baked, and they have a really good offer every Monday 2 for 1 on all pizzas! I've been to Italy many times and I have to stay this pizza is just as good.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

I've been here numerous times as a couple, with my family and with friends.
The service is excellent, they allow children (which is convenient) and the food is A1.
They offer a great deal on Sundays with a fixed price menu for a 2 or 3 course Sunday lunch.
Nothing is too much: want the meat cooked your way... no problem, want that item but without the cheese, no worries.
Always made to feel welcome and have never had a bad meal.
Make sure you call and book though, it can get busy.
Give the bakewelltini cocktail a try.... is fantastic
Will be going back very soon and would recommend this place to anyone

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Hmm this place is just OK. Food was fine. Prices average. But service really patchy. OK and friendly when you could get their attention...but unresponsive to say the least. We repeatedly had to flag down passing staff members to order drinks and didn't once have a waiter/ress ask us if everything was up to scratch with our meal. I know lots of people rave about this but I won't be rushing back. This is only the second time I've eaten here, having had a similarly lacklustre experience the first time, not long after it had opened.