“Badda Bing Booooom!”

Artichoke
Ranked #21 of 569 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Contemporary, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Contempory cafe, bar and bistro. From Sunday Roast to coffee, tea and toast, cocktails to real ales. Relaxed and friendly service combined with quality food and drinks. A great range of homemade cakes, real ale from Cheshire breweries, continental lager and artisan beers, modern bistro dining using the finest local suppliers and a wine and cocktail list second to none.
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Excellent service, friendly and approachable made us feel most welcome followed by wonderful food in a fantastic relaxed environment. Thoroughly recommend Artichoke thank you once again for yet another great night with you.

1  Thank AliceEPotter

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The decor is quirky and creates a nice atmosphere, the food is consistantly excellent, Bar staff are chatty and happy to reccomend.

1  Thank shelleydav
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Great food, great food, great service and great atmosphere. Not much more to say really. I'll definitely go back again. And, although it has been a point of contention in some of the reviews on here, I happen to appreciate the no-children policy in the evening. It's a bar/restaurant/bistro which is an adult setting and it's nice to know that when going out and paying for a pleasant meal and drinks in adult company, that is what you will get.

1  Thank Laura F
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We liked the varied menu and ambiance of the place. The service was good and the wines reasonably priced. The decor was tasteful and the situation within easy reach of the city centre. The food was great and well presented.

1  Thank matilda50
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I made a reservation, which happened to be for a 50th birthday party, although I did not mention this at the time. The reservation was for 4 people at 7:30 pm. I was not informed, at any time, of the restaurant's child-unfriendly policy, and I was informed, on our arrival, that my 10 year old son was not welcome after 7 pm. They mentioned something about their licence not allowing it, which I know is nonsense, as I am in the licensing trade myself. It it their policy to not allow children, which I think is unacceptable for a restaurant at this time of the evening. We had to try to find somewhere else to celebrate the 50th party, which was incredibly difficult on a Saturday night, at 8 pm, without a reservation. Get a grip and end this ridiculous discrimination.

1  Thank ukrunner