“Nice Location, excellent service and good food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Barton Rouge

Barton Rouge
Ranked #119 of 553 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chester, United Kingdom
“Nice Location, excellent service and good food!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I have visited Barton Rouge on several occasions. I must admit, with being local we always visit at quitter times, early evening, so don't get caught up in long waits at busier times.
The location is lovely, next to the canal. The service for us has always been excellent with plenty of staff. The food is very good. Try the large nan if there are 4 or more of you! I would say that the only down side for me is the smell of the cooking food in the restaurant. I always find that it sticks on my clothing. It can't be avoided even if you sit far away from the kitchen. Other than that I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014

“Sounds like you eating in a bar”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We visited Barton Rouge on a Saturday night for my birthday. I understand Saturdays are busy but I could barely hear my husband talking. The food is lovely. Had a little wait on the mains but there was plenty of food. Would probably try again if we could get a sitter mid week.

North West
“It was our favourite restaurant but oh dear...”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had booked a table for our anniversary for 8.30pm on a Saturday night. We waited for 45 mns for a table and only got one then because a couple who hadn't booked a table were leaving and saw us waiting. We had to keep asking to order and then the food took 45 mns to arrive. There was a hair in the rice. The rice was replaced but we were charged. We had to ask for the bill. We finally left hours later. The restaurant was really smoky too from the kitchen. This was our favourite restaurant but we won't be going back unless we know that they have sorted all this out. What a shame.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank foodieNorthWest
Chester, United Kingdom
“HOW LONG.”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

my son and his heavily pregnant girlfriend invited my wife and I out for a saturday night meal to celebrate mothers day,my son had booked a table for 4 the week previous, we arrived 10 mins early to be given a hand held machine that we were told would flash and we should take our seats, we were then told to go and wait at the bar where there were no seats available after about half an hour we were still waiting ,my son enquired at reception and was shown the table we were supposedly having and that the occupants had finished, they were going to clean up and give us a call , another 20 mins passed and my son went back up to the reception and noticed that our table had been taken by a group off about 8 people, he came back slightly embarrased and very angry, we finished our drinks went back to reception for an explanation the manager had no apology ,he advised us to go and sit back at the bar and he would find us a better table, we said no thanks ,gave him his hand held device back and left walked into the gate of india on city road offered a table in 5 mins meal was great, (warning) barton rouge fur coat no nickers, stick to what you know..

1 Thank ANDREW P
Chester
“Good service but busy and very noisy!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This was our first visit having walked past a few times where it looked inviting. The service was very good despite the fact that it was very busy. We found it rather too noisy and prefer restaurants with a more intimate feeling. I really enjoyed my meal but my wife was not as impressed. Very impressive large naan breads served on a stand. We may return but probably not on a Saturday night.