“discusting” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Spice Balti
Ranked #304 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“discusting”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

must say it was the worst meal eva my order was wrong my meal was cold aswell as my starter the chicken was cold thats if it was chicken it was as horrible and would not recommend it to any one what aload of rubbish

• Visited February 2014
6 Thank nigel222222

Chester, England, United Kingdom
“Favourite Indian!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

I always enjoy my food from this place, and the service is always good. Been here many times now and have never been disappointed. The takeout is good too, delivery is quick and you can get it delivered free if you spend over £15. Not been to another Indian this good. I've never been to the buffet, from what I've been told it is not as good as the main food. I would recommend skipping the buffet and ordering from the menu either takeout or sitting in. There is a nice atmosphere inside and everything including the staff are well presented. Great value for money and excellent food.

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank SareBear87
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
“Horrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Starters were very nice to begin with, but it all went down hill from there onwards, Extremely slow for mains and the staff were more bothered about playing on there phones. I then decided to go to the toilet but instead walked into a little asain family tucked up in bed which was very unexpected. The curry was watery and rice was very dry which was vulgar.
I ordered a drink which came in a dirty glass i found this very unhygienic, would advise against this restaurant, I'm sure they are very hardworking but the quality an standard off the restaurant just isn't there.
I recommend Indian Flava or Ahmeds which are located on the same road.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank TonyB7651
Chester, United Kingdom
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went to the Spice Balti last night I sad to say it was the worst me I have ever been served in a restuarant. The Kebab starter was extremely tough both mince meat part and the chunks of Lamb.The main course wa equally bad, tough meat and poor quality ingredients. And to top it all the Cobra beer was warm. Service was slow despite us being the only two in the restaurant @ 10.30pm perhaps that is someting we should have picked up on. Avoid. Plenty more choice in the same street. We left our meal and had a delicious takeaway from Ahmeds.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Billy_squibble
Chester, United Kingdom
“LIES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

The average food wasn't the only disappointment when my wife and friend dined at the spice balti on sunday 22nd december. After entering my pin number 3 times inti their pdq machine, and being told 3 times that the machine was at fault , i was informed bythe delightful member of staff that i was refusing to pay and he would be telephoning the police. I replied that i am not refusing to pay but rather their machine was at fault. I was told that i had spat in his face and that he would also be informing the police of my 'assault'. I was astonished, then two more 'waiters' arrived and claimed that they had witnessed the spitting. I then asked if the had cctv, they said that they had, to which i replied i would be looking forward to viewing the 'assault' myself. The situation was defused by the 'owner' who took my card and magically the machine worked. Please do avoid this place, average food was one thing but to be accused of assault via spitting? a whole new definition to customer service. Well done spice balti, outstanding customer interaction, oh by the way, there are 3 more indian restaurants on the same street as the spice balti, my only guess is that the spice balti makes too much money and doesn't want any more of mine

• Visited September 2013