“Outstanding”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

This tea shop is lovley, I visit regularly. The range of fruit teas is extensive, I try a different one every time!! My husband and I eat there often, the portions are very good and the prices good. The location is amazing. They r always open at weekends no matter what the weather. We will keep visiting regularly, the staff are friendly and welcoming.

Vancouver Island, Canada
“Good location for river”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Location is wonderful and on a sunny day it is lovely to sit outside and watch the world go by, however food is mediocre. I only ever go there for a cuppa and a snack. Most of the cakes look like Costco cakes .... At least that means they will be ok. Staff seem to change regularly. Go if you are not starving and want a good location.

1 Thank Jo K
London
“Lovely”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The Cafe is set in a beautiful location on the front of the river Dee, the large terrace at the front of the cafe overlooks the river. Inside the tables have REAL fresh flowers on the tables which i think is rare nowadays. The prices are reasonable cheaper than most places in such a nice setting. The staff were friendly and helpful, and very polite. The cafe was very busy and we still had fast and great service.
I would recommend and will be visiting again next time I am in Chester

• Visited May 2012
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Poor service nice setting”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Poor attitude from the staff,make a pleasant setting unpleasant. Glad we only had a pot of tea. It really doesbt take much to have manners.

1 Thank Azza64
Bolton
“Avoid!”
Reviewed October 2, 2011

In a lovely location on the side of the River Dee the tea gardens seemed an ideal place to have lunch on a sunny sfternoon. How wrong we were. The outside of the restaurant was quite busy but not packed, there were still tables available. My wife wanted to eat inside and we were the only customers inside. I would say there were about 6 waiting staff and one woman behind the counter where one placed an order. When we had chosen what we wanted I went to order. The woman never raised her head but grunted an acknowlegement of my presence and when she had taken the order she took my money, but again without anymore than a grunt. we had ordered a pot of tea, one ploughman's and a chicken breast in a leek sauce. The pot of tea arrived swiftly. The food didn't. After some 25 minutes when we had endured constant chatter between the waiting staff describing their or their friends sexual conquests that week, and noticing other customers complaining that they had still not received their order, I asked where our food was. One of the young waiting staff ssaid that it should be on it's way soon, but didn't make any attempt to check, so I asked her if she would. She reluctantly tore herself away from her colleagues and went to the kitchen, returning some 5 minutes later to say it would be 3 minutes. When the food eventually did arrive, my chicken tasted like it had been steamed. The sauce was bland and the veg boiled to within an inch of it's life being soggy and tasteless. My wife's ploughman's consisted of what looked and tasted like processed cheese with some limp salad and pickle. at least the bread was ok. Not once did we receive an apology for the length of time we had to wait for the food nor did the waiting staff stop to draw breath in the constant chatter. Absolutely attrocious!

• Visited August 2011