“So much better than when I went years ago”
Review of Slow Boat

Slow Boat
Ranked #80 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Thai, Malaysian as well as Chinese - the local "Onionring" restaurant website gives it really good reviews seehttp://www.onionring.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant_info.asp?RID=2541
“So much better than when I went years ago”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

All you can eat deal on a Sunday - good value and fresh food. Good service, nice atmosphere - windows were open as it was a nice day (last time I went years ago, it smelt so bad). Food was really nice and lots of Chinese people eating there which I think is always a good sign. Liked the fact that you keep ordering food to be brought out fresh, rather than everything sitting out all day. Will definitely return

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ruth F

Manchester, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We ate i this restaurant as a family of 4 with 2 children under 10, we ordered the Malaysian Beauty set menu and i have to say it is one of the best meals ive ever had, the flavours were amazing and everything was cooked to perfection and food was plentiful. I would recomend this restaurant.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“This is one boat I will not be embarking on again !!!”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We arrived at the main desk and my feet stuck to the floor (very good first impressions)
Shown to our table, again table very sticky had to wipe it down myself
Next was the banquet £19 each for the little choice and quality of food is just embarrassing.
Every dish we chose had a HP base and was just really tangy.
Noodles had a BBQ overcooked taste too.
All the food was either deep fried or had a really burnt after taste to it along with that horrible HP tanginess
I think the idea of a banquet where they bring it to your table is good as long as the small stoves to keep the food on were clean (which they weren't) and they bring new plates with them each time (which they didn't)
Been ill next day from food ate here.
So if you want to pay £50 for food that you can get downstairs in Iceland for £1 a box, be ill the next day, and have poor service then this is the place for you, however it isn't for me.

Would I recommend, definitely not.
Will I go again, definitely not.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Acceptable, no frills chinese.”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Came here as the place we wanted to go was shut.
Service was pleasant and efficient. The restaurant is in a modern building and the decor reflects that. Doesn't look like a stereotyped soho chinese inside.
The tables were sticky from I assume the polish used. Looked clean.
The menu looked good.
The soup starter looked and tasted great, however then mains looked and tasted more like a standard takeaway meal. The noodles were thick and starchy. The flavour was not as defined as the menu description.
The meal was acceptable, but nothing special for me. My partner was less keen.
Will try the Shanghai as intended next time.

Visited May 2014
kent
“The return”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Second visit to this restaurant, but not buy choice. Relatives thought we liked it so they booked it again (cant be rude can you and say no). The starters as before are good, but when it came to the mains I stayed away from the sauce dishes and had chicken with vegetables, which was ok but nothing special. Our waitress most of been having a bad day as she was very abrupt and slammed the dishes on the table and if you asked for something it took more than one go to get it. For £20 each its just so over priced, our bill was (£170) with 2 drinks and 6 waters for poor food and bad tempered waitress I must have a word with my relatives so it dosent happen again.