“Love the Slow Boat!!!!”

Slow Boat
Ranked #97 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Thai, Malaysian as well as Chinese - the local "Onionring" restaurant website gives it really good reviews seehttp://www.onionring.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant_info.asp?RID=2541
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Best Chinese restaurant ever in my opinion!! We have a great meal whenever we go....and would recommend to all! The winning factor has to be the fact that the all you can eat is a BANQUET not a buffet, every course is served to order, not scrapped from the bottom of a buffet pan that's been sat drying out under a heat lamp like most places. Friday/Saturday banquet is the ultimate winner with a HUGE range of options and courses, the Sunday all you can eat is a smaller menu....but still plentiful and tasty. We also visited for my boyfriends birthday in November on a mid-week day, the menu was the full al la carte and the portions were big and really tasty. The staff made us feel very welcome and were more than accommodating in making the occasion special, thank you :) We love the Slow Boat!!

Reviewed December 23, 2013

We have been here a couple of times after being recommended to come here by some friends. It really is a great place, it is located above Iceland in Chester which seems a bit random at first but is such a good place. They do an all you can eat buffet where you can order things off the menu and they are cooked freshly for you which is much better than food that is mass produced and left out getting cold. We have always had good food here and is top of our list when we are feeling hungry!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is one of our favourite places to eat, we have been visiting Slow Boat for years. The Sunday buffet is fantastic, with a difference, you order what you would like and it is freshly cooked to your requirements......this saves wasting loads of food and puts an end to greedy people who grab everything in sight, and then don't eat it..... very little waste, brilliant. Contrary to what some people have said, most of the staff are fine, polite and efficient, treat people how you would like to be treated. We love this place and the food is very tasty, you CAN eat as much as you like, just be patient whilst your food is made ready.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I had eaten here several times when I was a student at Chester University and this was the restaurant right at the top of my 'To Do' list when I recently returned to Chester for a short stay with my boyfriend. He'd never been before but he'd heard me talk about how I'd love to go back some day just for a visit to Slow Boat. Their kimdo ribs are their signature dish (in my opinion) and it is by far the best Oriental restaurant I've ever eaten in. I would recommend this place to anyone who is a fan of chinese food and even if they aren't, this establishment might just be the place to convert them!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had a meal here with my husband on our one nights break to Chester. It was a Sunday night, the restaurant was full but after a few minutes wait the waiters cleared & got a table ready for us. The 'all you can eat banquet' was on. Choice of soup, platter of upto 6 things at a time ie spring rolls etc and a main meal of choice, You can order as many times as you want which for £13 odd is great. Both my hubby and i were stuffed after out main meal but had we not wanted to have a drink later we could probably have eaten more. Would definately recomend if visiting Chester.

1  Thank Hannahxx88