“Tasty Chinese” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Slow Boat

Slow Boat
Ranked #77 of 548 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Thai, Malaysian as well as Chinese - the local "Onionring" restaurant website gives it really good reviews seehttp://www.onionring.co.uk/restaurants/restaurant_info.asp?RID=2541
England
“Tasty Chinese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Excellent starters...... Main meal was okay, service fine, thought £42 was a bit pricey as we only had a lager each. Have eaten here on a couple of occasions before (few years ago) I think the next time we visit Chester we will find somewhere else to go. Have to say though service was good, restaurant clean, maybe our dining experience was spoilt by someone complaining about their food being too hot & spicy.... question - why order a curry when you are in a chinese resaurant - if you want something mild get a sweet & sour!!

Visited November 2012

staffordshire
“Lovely food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

We ate here and it was lovely , to quote what I said to my wife " nicest Chinese I've ever had " . Would definitely go back if in Chester .

Chester, United Kingdom
“birthday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

nnonononononononono not anymore nononononon they moan about you ordering on the buffet, they dont want waste, no one wants waste, but feel if your paying the going rate give it to them!!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Gill M
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Sunday banquet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We have eaten at the slow Boat many times over the years And enjoyed the food how ever we ate there tonight and was disappointed even though the restaurant was extremely busy the service was good
The starters on the banquet menu have reduced in choice and quality
The main coarse's were very disappointing the egg fried rice tasted of disinfectant the main dishes where cold served on cold plates and the "noodles and bean sprouts" we're just noodles with the odd bean sprout I complained to the waitress who replaced the noodles and they were returned just as cold and as bean sprout less as the first
We decided we didn't want to eat cold food so explained our situation and asked for the bill which arrived with just the charge for our drinks
We were extremely disappointed as we loved going there on a Sunday but unfortunately it will be a very long time if we ever return again

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cape Town is home
“Maybe I was unlucky but ........ disappointing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Having read other good reviews I decided to go for dinner here.

The large open area was almost empty with only two or three tables occupied. I was shown to a table by a pleasant and courteous lady, my order was taken swiftly and I certainly can't complain about any aspect of the service.

I ordered Nasi Goreng, perhaps not the ideal choice in a Chinese restaurant, but it was truly awful. A pile of bland rice with a a few bits of chicken and prawns stirred in. No trimmings, just stodgy and tasteless. Adding a little soya sauce which I had to ask for improved it marginally, but I have had better Nasi Goreng out of a packet.

• Visited September 2012