“Great tea room, poor restaurant.”
Review of MD's Restaurant

MD's Restaurant
Ranked #319 of 561 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chester, United Kingdom
“Great tea room, poor restaurant.”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stumbled upon the restaurant, having previously visited the lovely tearoom.
Menu looked OK from the outside so thought we'd try it.

It's a shame there isn't an option to order a starter and then decide if you'll risk a main course! The bruschetta was tasteless just chopped tomatoes on toast, devoid of seasoning, the olives were minuscule and devoid of flavour. The main courses were worse, both the pork and the duck were hopelessly overlooked.

Lovely surroundings and charming service but very let down by the food, I won't be back in the evening.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rachael F

“Hidden gem!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

After attending Chester races we were struggling to find somewhere for tea that wasn't booked up, stumbled across this place, who were full downstairs but offered us a table for 10 upstairs. The staff were excellent, friendly and precise. All our food came correctly, well cooked and everyone ate up with all empty plates. Found the upstairs atmosphere a little cafe(ish) but no complaints about staff and food.

Preston, United Kingdom
“Not good.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I hate giving bad reviews but as with a previous review I feel obliged to warn others. The menu was extensive but feel they would be better perfecting a few dishes than offering so many and delivering poor quality. The staff were pleasant and tried hard but the food was poor. My starter was disappointing, I hoped my main would be better, it wasn't. I always clear my plate but on this occasion left more than half of my paella. Some of my friends had steaks which were tough. My meal cost in the region of £20 and was awful. The trip to the toilets was interesting, a little strange, not really a problem but quite a journey. I don't book a meal without referring to Trip Advisor but on this occasion I was with friends who booked. Worst meal for years.

1 Thank barbs50
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“very good value and service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

my wife and i just had a quick bite here just to fill us till our 3 coarse meal at premier inn my wife had cheese and onion sanswiches and i had a bacon roll both were served with crisps and salad and cokes to drink we found this a nice place to eat and would eat here again .

Chester, United Kingdom
“Hubby's Birthday treat”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We went here for a 3 course meal for my husbands birthday. Couldnt fault it I had bream as my main whilst my husband had the paella both meals very well presented & tasty.

• Visited July 2013