“Exploitation”
Review of The Greyhound Inn

The Greyhound Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Greyhound Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #338 of 555 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fabulous pub food produced in a great British, traditional, friendly and inviting surroundings. The award winning kitchen is a hive of creativity where the venue's passionate, talented, and creative Head Chef, along with the rest of the dedicated team, work their magic as they cook freshly prepared, and locally sourced meat, fish, veg and dairy products, as well as freshly baked artisan breads. The seasonally changing, modern Great British-Style menu's, are the epiphany of today's "gastro-style" pub restaurants, but along with a sense of the "home-comforts", often contain that "twist" on tradition, as well as flavours and variants on recipes from all over the World.
Chester, United Kingdom
“Exploitation”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Came here recently with some friends. I drew the short straw and was the driver so after one pint of beer went on the Becks Blue alcohol free bottled beer. Two bottles in a pint glass cost me £5.60!!
I can buy a six-pack of these for £3.00 in my supermarket. Not a fair comparison I know but my local pub charges £2.00 per bottle. If this isn't exploitation then I don't know what is.

Visited March 2014
TheGreyhoundSaughall, Owner at The Greyhound Inn, responded to this review, March 9, 2015

Sorry to see you had a previous bad experience at The Greyhound Inn, Saughall.

We are the new owners, and after a small refurbishment programme, re-opened just last week.

We have a great new range of cask beers and lagers, comprehensive new wine list, and most importantly, new menu's created by our new and innovative young acclaimed chef, Dan, and his kitchen team.

Our new management team, promise to do their very best in ensuring you enjoy your relaxed visit with us, and look forward to seeing you soon.

North Wales, United Kingdom
“Birthday meal”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I was a little worried by some of the negative reviews I have seen, shouldn't have been though! I have been twice before and both times enjoyed the meal. This time was no exception, there were 9 of us and we all have different items from the menu. The meal and the service could not be faulted, both were spot on and I wholeheartedly reccomend you go along yourself! We all had a wonderful night!

Visited February 2014
Ruabon, United Kingdom
“Awful! Sunday roast from hell”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We arrived 10 ,minutes early for our table to which the waitress could not even be bothered to show us, she just lent over the bar and pointed us to it, whilst her colleague stood eating toast.
When we were eventually served drinks, the waitress was rude and abrupt like she didn't even have time for us. We had a garlic mushroom starter , which myself and my parter usually love, this was the worst one we have ever had . No sauce , just a pile of greasy mushrooms on a dry piece if bread. You couldn't even taste garlic!
We then waited 15 minutes for a waitress to clear our plates. She walked past our empty glasses and plates several times before clearing them with no offer of more drinks.
When the roasts arrived they must have had a teaspoon of gravy on - if that! I managed to ask for some more gravy as she was walking away. This extra gravy made the dinner slightly more edible than before. Processed meat, dry veg, 2 v small roast potatoes & 2 rock hard new potatoes. I
would not feed my dog what I was given today. I don't know how this place has a certificate of excellence as it was appalling. Rude staff , awful food & a wasted journey. Needless to say I will never be returning here & will advise everyone to go somewhere else. Disgusting.

• Visited February 2014
5 Thank minisal

Chester, United Kingdom
“Never going here again”
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

Went here today for the first time having reads the reviews on trip advisor, bitterly disappointed some staff were abrupt, the starter (Garlic mushroom) was just a dry piece of ciabatta bread with fried greasy mushrooms thrown on with a two bit salad not what I'd call Garlic Mushrooms very plain, very bland no sauce. The beef roast was minimal teaspoon of gravy, meat looked processed portion size was naff. Went in hungry came out hungry not agood experience at all !!!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank shaunwfoster

Neston, United Kingdom
“Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After a recommendation myself and three friends visited the busy pub, on a Saturday evening, for a birthday meal. We all had a main course and pudding and what fantastic value it is. Two of us had the chicken tikka masala which went down really well, another the ham, eggs and chips and the other pork with black pudding. These were also deemed yummy. Rhubarb crumble was chosen by 3 of us and we were glad that two of us opted for a smaller portion because the normal portion was huge! Delicious! Lemon drizzle cake was enjoyed by the other friend. We had a good evening and will definitely be returning.

• Visited February 2014