“Great Food.”

Ranked #203 of 576 Restaurants in Chester
Cuisines: British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lovely country pub with excellent outdoor seating, and a very large field for the children to run around in. A menu of freshly cooked, homemade British pub food. A wide range of cask and draught lager.
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Great food here and always well cooked, steaks are lovely. Excellent theme days as well. Only downside is the girl with dark hair in apony tail she is always looks sullen and gives you the impression you are putting her out when you ask for anything, think she is inwrong trade realy. Otherwise the place i great.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Had a great meal this evening at the Greyhound, where else can you get a great beef Wellington for under £14? The beef just melted inside! British Tapas is a great idea, they are great little tasters with some things a lot of people wouldn't usually try like potted rabbit which was also nice. The staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. I had two pints of Amstel and the missus had two soft drinks, we both had 2 tapas dishes each and a main course and the total was £48. We will be returning.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

got charged an extra meal on my bill and was told you had it so tough, we didn't !! 2 kids but 3 kids meals on the bill. they weren't bothered.

thomashughes5times, Owner at The Greyhound Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

Hi there Louisa,

I am having a couple of problems with your comments, firstly at The Greyhound Inn we are here to provide the best possible service and experience for any customer that wishes to visit us, that is our sole goal and we give it our all and strive to accomplish that with everything we can do from regular staff training, to customer feedback cards and from many management team meetings to discuss areas of improvement to dining out experiences of our own to see where we are going right and wrong, But deliberately stealing from customers is definitely not a tactic or topic we discuss in any of the above scenario's and i can quite comfortably and categorically say that myself and my team would not speak to anyone in that manner, neither would they make someone pay for something they didn't have or ask for. I also find it extremely hard to believe that anybody would accept the outcome of this event you say happened within my establishment , not just here but anywhere and then continue to score the venue top marks for value!

It is boarder line ridiculous and i will be reporting this review to Trip Advisor.

Many Thanks

Tom Hughes.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

Our second visit and the food gets better. Tapas starters great quality, the swordfish dish is delicious and the burgers looked wonderful. We were too full for dessert which was a shame but just cannot resist the chips. Your chefs could teach a few other establishments about imaginative and delicious food. The service was cheerful and efficient, great value for money.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

This is the third time we have been to the Greyhound since its refurbishment/reopening last summer and it doesn't disappoint. We went for lunch and could only eat one course as the portions are more than generous. I had the beefburger, which was one of the best (if not the best) one I have had. The brioche bun was such a good idea - I usually leave the bun as they are usually just the usual "hamburger bun", but this was lovely. Burger was delicious, onion ring perfect and the chips were fantastic. My husband had sausage and bubble and squeak - 3 huge sausages (he could only eat 2) and delicious mash. We thought we might share a dessert, but no way ... Very helpful waitress (who also opened all the doors for me as I am currently on two elbow crutches). The pub was busy with couples, groups and families.