Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
As good as l anticipated

Reviewed yesterday

from $21.00
from $9.90
from $10.50
13,111 results
All reviews bat cave butterfly house conservation work baby elephants big cats large enclosures endangered species boat ride packed lunch great family day plenty of places to eat plenty of space school holidays monorail lions picnic jaguar
Reviewed yesterday

The variety of animals was staggering and many were new to me ,It is extensive but given a whole day ,easily accomplished ,with the monorail a useful help to our elderly legs ! Highly recommended

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Wonderful zoo with so much thoughtfulness for the animals,staff are incredibly helpful and knowledgable, fabulous day out thank you

Reviewed 2 days ago

After watching the TV series we were looking forward to the Zoo that soon disappeared once we were inside. Poetic Camera work on the animals and their living areas.

Reviewed 3 days ago

Great place to go. All the animals are kept in the best environments possible. One day wasn’t really enough, you could easily spend a weekend there. The staff are all very kind and helpful, especially at the entrance. We borrowed a wheelchair for the day, my only comment would be entrances and exits to some areas where a bit of a challenge for access. There’s plenty of indoor attractions and cafes, if the weather is inclement and overall it was worth it and truly enjoyable

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

A girlie weekend started at the zoo. We arrived in Chester long before we could check into our hotel so we arranged to go to the zoo. Lots of animals to see, a lovely walk around. Tiring but well worth a trip

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Decided on a whim to visit so checked the website out first thing in the Morning for pricing. I don’t rival paid at the kiosk only to be told that the prices more expensive on the website, although I couldn’t see any mention of non- online ticket pricing. In addition that it was half term I just had been even more inflated, which I’ve never agreed with as half term means a busier zoo which means a lesser experience which you’re paying a premium for.
That Said it’s a beautiful place to walk around we can see where the money has been invested the animal seem happy. you can easily spend a day or two and not see the same thing twice we didn’t have time to go on the monorail as the zoo closed earlier and the boat ride broke as we queued so we didn’t get to go on that either.
One of the things I really like is the tub provision for bringing the road pick me places to eat it which is unusual for a UK tourist attraction.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This is only a 10 minute drive from my home. Absolutely great place to go. My little one loves it as do I. We have purchased the membership passes so we have unlimited visits. Well worth the money if you just want to go for an hour or so. Lots to see and learn. Would recommend taking a picnic if the weather is nice.

Reviewed 4 days ago

My wife has wanted to visit this zoo for a long, long time and I am glad we did. We had a fantastic visit. I will not go into detail but fair to say we were only there for half a day due to travel commitments and realised that a fullday is necessary to fully appreciate the attractions.Well done-we will be back.

Reviewed 4 days ago

We visited this lovely zoo at the end of a very pleasant stay in chester. It's a big place and lots of walking is involved if you want to see it all, although there is the option of travelling on the monorail. The enclosures are large and kept very clean. It's clear that the animals are well cared for. I was impressed with the clear concise info boards next to each enclosure so that we could learn more about each of the species. They also do various talks and demos throughout the day. There are plenty of cafes or kiosks and toilets dotted around the zoo and a well stocked shop as you exit. Free parking was a bonus too. A great day out for all the family.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Monorail closed so unable to get around a big zoo
Yes given a refund for monorail.... not the point!
Asked if we could pop in the next day and go on it... No
We travelled 3 hours to go there!
What we did see was lovely, nice big enclosures. Ape house also closed
If going worth a phone call first!

2  Thank alison t