Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:30 PM

from $20.90
from $9.80
from $10.40
13,120 results
All reviews bat cave butterfly house conservation work baby elephants big cats large enclosures endangered species boat ride packed lunch great family day plenty of places to eat plenty of space school holidays monorail lions picnic jaguar
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My children love to visit the zoo so we got an annual family pass, which is quite expensive!! Very disappointed to find out that we still have to pay full price for the Halloween and Christmas themed events they have on, even though we had spent hundreds on the pass. Will not be renewing our annual pass!!

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Lovely place to visit in couples or families, great location, beautiful .I can not say too much just reccomand to be visited.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Great day out with my partner, however not all animals where out on show and locked away... food and drink prices are shocking for what you get.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

What a great day we had at the Zoo. Loads to see, all beautifully and imaginatively presented. We were there at 10:00 and left just after 4:00 and just about saw everything. Would love to go back and spend a bit more time with our favorite animals. The animals look very well cared for and content in their environments. There were too many highlights to mention, a fantastic day which @ £20 (online price) was very good value !

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Have visited Chester many times, never thought of going to the zoo. Other half suggested this yesterday evening. Tickets booked on line, so off we went this morning. Very well organised parking, short walk to the entrence gates, bypassed ticket queue as already pre-paid. Every single member of staff we met during the day was friendly and welcoming.

Wandered around the zoo for around 5 hours. Definately corners we didn't see. Everything we did see was superb. Many of the enclosures are large (good for the animals) so you may not see some of them - but care for the animals has to be the priority.

Strangest enclosure was the bats. To walk through a huge near dark building with bats flying around you was strange and absolutely fantastic. The breath of wind as a quite large bat goes past your left ear at full pelt is quite a surprise.

I was very impressed with the various aquarium exibits around the zoo - very clean, and if it is possible for fish to be such - the fish seemed very happy.

Sandwich lunch was perhaps a bit expensive. Gift shop on the way out was not, in my view, over the top on costs - stuff for the kids, stuff for the bigger kids!

All in all a very good day out. I will visit the bits I didn't see this time when I go back.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Fabulous day at the zoo.. have been watching the Secret Life of the Zoo so great to see all the animals that we have been seeing in the TV!
Wear comfortable shoes as there is a lot of walking involved!
Would be good to have the monorail going all around the outside with more stops for older people to jump on and off.
The animals are so well cared for and everything well looked after.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We had a an amazing day out at Chester zoo, I can remember bits from when I was a child and to bring my son back again was great, some fantastic animals to see, and the lazy boat was great to, only very sad fact was the passing of the two young elephants a few days before, so the mood was very moving around there enclosure

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

Had a good day wondering round the zoo, although quite a few animals were inside there was still lots to see and the inside enclosures were well heated.
The human food and drink was of good quality if a little expensive.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I have grown up lucky enough to have experienced a number of zoos up and down the country. Some better than others but Chester is by far the best.
The diverse range of animals is far superior than some zoos in the country (I mean some zoos don’t even have giraffes!) including species I had never even seen or heard of before - bush dogs for one!
The animals all look very well cared for with large enclosures where the care has been taken to replicate the wild as much as possible.
All the keepers were very friendly and full of knowledge about their animals and were willing to answer any questions.
There were lots of picnic areas in places that you could still see animals which meant you could eat and watch your favourites at the same time.
In terms of animal care and variety Chester Zoo is world class and you could tell this from being there! I will certainly be going back. It is also enjoyable to now watch Secret life of the Zoo and see all the animals and learn more about their personalities for when I return.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Came here with my mum was a great place to wander round all day. Went on the mono-rail around the zoo so you could see the zoo from above.

Loads to see and do highly recommend