“AWESOME!!”

Chester Zoo
Ranked #1 of 91 things to do in Chester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We're the UK's number one charity zoo, with over 15,000 animals and 500 different species, including some of the most endangered species on the planet. With 1.9 million visitors every year, the zoo is an all-year round, full-day visitor attraction for everyone. We're open daily from 10am, except for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Car parking is free and on site. Facilities for disabled visitors, including self-drive electric scooters and wheelchairs.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Strathcarron, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“AWESOME!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Loved our day trip to Chester Zoo, This Zoo has everything, lots of indoor attractions as well if the weather isnt good. Would reccomend to animal lovers and family groups alike

• Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Wales,UK
“Day trip to Chester Zoo”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I took my 2 children (1 with wheelchair) arrived at 11am. I expected the boys to have had enough by 2/3 o'clock. They couldn't get enough. It is well spread out giving lots of different views of the different animals. I had to drag the boys out at closing time on the promise to go again. It is a well packed day for children. Next time however I will take a picnic as the food areas are either very expensive or not well ranging in variety.

Visited August 2012
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great family day out. No complaints about the Zoo. Food prices are high but I suppose that is to be expected with a captive audience, so to speak. Son loved watching the Lions.Tigers/monkeys etc. Shame it rained for us but thats didnt spoil our fun.

1 Thank MummyMunky
Chippenham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loved it!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Arrived at 10am , left at 4pm and walked all day! Leaflet says there are 11 miles of pathways at the zoo and I felt like I had walked them all. Great day out, so much to see, lots of unusual animals as well as the favourites and they do so much for conservation. Animals looked content and happy, big interesting enclosures. One of the best zoos we have been to.

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“lovely place to visit”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I must say Chester Zoo is a great place to visit, seeing the Elephants, Camels oh and my personal favorite Meerkats close up made my day.. The mono rail was also handy to use aswell. Price reasonable also.