“Good food but not very friendly”
Review of The Coffee Mill

The Coffee Mill
Ranked #17 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Traditional Tea Room and Coffee Shop, waitress service, producing a variety of tasty homemade dishes, including breakfasts, morning coffee, lunches, delicious salads, freshly prepared sandwiches, filled jacket potatoes, cakes and our superb afternoon teas. Very friendly, welcoming staff.
Runcorn, United Kingdom
“Good food but not very friendly”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The food here is really nice and good value. The only problem is that the staff are are bit miserable and not particularly welcoming. It's a shame really as there are so many other great eating places in Chester, you would think they would be a bit more pleasant in order to get repeat custom. My husband and myself had been going there regularly and always put a tip in the dish by the till, but not one of the waitresses ever even says thank you. We only go there now on the odd occassion.

• Visited August 2013

Chester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

the menus and breakfast selection weren't very clear with regards to pricing, the board outside offered one price, but the menu was different.
One older member of staff was a bit fed up and looked like she couldn't be bothered. The other lady seemed to notice and took over. The food was gorgeous, and the bacon was cooked to my liking (I like it super crispy and sometimes cafe's just don't understand - well this one did).
I think the experience would have been better if we could have had a window seat, the other seats, especially the further down the cafe you go become a bit grim and the tables are a little small and cramped. Overall, it was good, but I'd only go again if I could sit in the window!

• Visited June 2013
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“YUMMY!!!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I live and work as a stonemason close to Chester and tend to buy my breakfast from greasy spoon vans due to there low prices and convenience. Recently I decided to treat myself to a sit down full English at The Coffee Mill. I was worried at first that I might not be welcome as a dusty tradesperson due to the traditional well kept appearance of the place. Boy was I wrong!! I was welcomed in and seated by a lovely girl who was very attentive and friendly throughout. The meal itself was far removed from the dripping breakfast bap I am used to and filled me up with its obviously well sourced ingredients. The prices were higher than my usual roadside eating establishments but what do you expect for a quality meal on a Chester high street! Having enjoyed the experience so much I have subsequently returned on a day out with my Grandparents to enjoy their tea and freshly made scones! Yummy!! I hope this place does well, because you are not likely to receive such a genuinely warm service from any of the various corporate chains that have popped up in Chester in recent years! Very happy indeed!!!

• Visited May 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Cake!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Regular visitor to Chester of a weekend to see family, and can't go the weekend without stopping here for some amazing homemade cake! Nice coffee as well, and the staff are always smiley and helpful so that's good too. Would recommend.

Visited April 2013
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Staff need to pay more Attention”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

visited Coffee Mill with my wife and our friends recently and were disappointed with the service and hospitality of the staff.We waited more than 10 minutes to be served as the staff were busy chatting with each other !!!!!!!!!
The menu was quite extensive and as with all Chester Tea Rooms quite expensive, The food was ok and reasonably presented, but our overiding impression was one of could have been better.

• Visited March 2013