“Brilliant tea rooms”
Review of The Coffee Mill

The Coffee Mill
Ranked #155 of 575 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Traditional Tea Room and Coffee Shop, waitress service, producing a variety of tasty homemade dishes, including breakfasts, morning coffee, lunches, delicious salads, freshly prepared sandwiches, filled jacket potatoes, cakes and our superb afternoon teas. Very friendly, welcoming staff.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I visited the coffee mill a few years ago and remembered how lovely it was and so had to return when I visited Chester the weekend just gone.

It was just as delightful as I remembered, a lovely pot of tea and this time I had a very tasty toasted tea cake to accompany it.

The service is lovely and very personal, you are not felt rushed at all and you can take your time, a better place than any chain.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Have visited the coffee mill on several occasions now and always been pleased. Offer a good selection of food; breakfasts, wide variety of sandwiches / toasties and a range of light / lunch-time meals. Staff are friendly and always happy to help. Good value for a city centre cafe. Would recommend.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Good for a pot of tea and a cake. For lunch a sandwich or baked potato, more of a cafe look and feel.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I often visit The Coffee Mill for breakfast or a light meal, the staff are very attentive and the food is great. One of the only places where all food is made on the premises (I did ask!).
A lovely welcoming atmosphere and hot cup of coffee makes a welcome change from the other "chains".
The cake selection is obviously homemade and tastes so much better than the usual gateaux from the freezer that most places seem to serve.
I recommend that anyone who visits Chester should call in for a friendly cup of tea/coffee and a slice of their fantastic cake!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We called here on a wet Monday & it was just lovely, it was busy which is always a good sign. We had lunch and the place was buzzing. Very cosy & welcoming. Great staff, all of them. Food was lovely as was coffee and tea.
If I return to Chester we will return for sure. Best little coffee shop I have been to in England and I just spent a week in the area.