“Dissapointed”
Review of Atina Kitchen

Atina Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Atina Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 576 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Enjoying & sharing great food, drink & conversation with family, friends & even strangers (at times) is where we take our influence from. It's how we grew up. Although our roots are firmly in Italian cooking techniques, we love all cuisines & cooking styles at Atina Kitchen & this is reflected throughout our menus.
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have come here many times and have nothing but praise usually.However when visiting today,we ordered as normal.The drinks came 1 coke and 1 large coffee.As there was no sugar pot on the table,I got up and asked the waitress if I could have some.She smiled and I went back to the table.About 3 or 4 mins later the same waitress passed us,with no sugar and proceeded to collect plates.On her return journey I caught her attention and asked if she had the sugar?she looked at me as though I were stupid and stated that there should be some on the table?I said that there wasnt and that that was the reason I had originally asked!
She said are sachets ok? I said that was fine and she left.She returned about 3 mins later to give me a hand full of sachets for my luke warm coffee.I and my daughter stood up and left.Will not be returning.Im a patient man,but this was just very poor service.

Caffè A, Owner at Atina Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Hi John,

Like we said in our email response to you we regret that you had a bad experience at Atina on your last visit where you have previously enjoyed your time with us.

I hope you take us up on our offer of a complimentary meal as stated in the email to yourself.

Thank you for taking the time to Email us to let us know about the service you received that was not up to Atina's usual standards you have come to expect.

Now it is resolved we hope to see you at Atina again soon.

Kind regards

The Atina Team

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Happened across this place on our way to somewhere else & decided to go in. So glad we did. Couldn't fault it,great food, value and service above & beyond. Worth a trip
To Chester for!

5  Thank Avfc1234
Caffè A, Owner at Atina Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All the team are really glad you enjoyed your meal with us!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We had an excellent meal very interesting dishes, the owner was lovely and went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed our selves. Looking forward to visiting again and making this our regular. Thank you very much for a great evening

3  Thank Ben C

Thank you very much for your kind review. See you again soon!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have eaten here several times now - both food and service have always been excellent and reasonably priced. Menu always has excellent standard dishes plus several interesting options for the more adventurous. It's sometimes a bit quiet in the evenings, probably because of the location, but don't let that put you off - and it's also a good call if you need a last minute booking on a Saturday night! One of our favourite places to eat in Chester.

3  Thank Joseph R

Thank you, glad you always enjoy your time with us! See you again soon :)

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We called in to Caffe Atina at about 7.30pm on a Saturday evening, and had the whole restaurant to ourselves. This was a worry, as we had just come from another establishment nearby which was full and could not accommodate us.

We ordered vegetarian dishes for ourselves, and our little one had cheese & tomato pizza with chips (alas all too often, chips are served as children's meals...not really a healthy option). The mushroom and thyme soup was very tasty, made from fresh ingredients and generally wholesome. The main courses (vegetarian lasagne and spinach & lemon risotto, and indeed the pizza slices) were ok but nothing to get too excited about.

Apparently the menu changes seasonally and had just changed that day, so the waitress could not advise on the new dishes (such as the risotto). The excessive lemon in the risotto was overpowering and took away any of the flavour generated by the other ingredients. For a family-run restaurant such as this, I would expect everyone to be involved with deciding on and sampling menu changes, so that customers can be given full information on each of the dishes by the waiting staff.

I suspect, based on the other reviews, that some menu items are made very well, and customers are impressed by them. However, to move from being average to excellent, every item on the menu must be worthy of praise. Our experience is that the soup was good, but some main dishes are average at best, and this is not really encouraging for an independent family restaurant.

This view is borne out by the total lack of customers on what should be the busiest night of the week; one other couple came in during the latter part of our meal. Perhaps a greater focus on traditional Italian flavours and dishes would provide diners with a more enjoyable, authentic Mediterranean experience.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your time at Atina.

As an independent restaurant it is difficult to get your name 'out there' especially in the quiet month of January, so can only apologise about the lack of other diners...

You can have salad, apple slices OR chips with the children's meal...
We didn't receive any feedback from you about the risotto dish on the night unfortunately so couldn't attempt to rectify any issues you had with your meal...i'm glad you enjoyed the soup though.
If you go to our website or facebook page you will be able to read about where the influence for our food comes from...its not all about Italian & mediterranean flavors at Atina.

Many of our customers enjoy or food and service but sometimes we cannot please everyone so I can only apologise.

The Atina team hope you do try us again in the future and you will thoroughly enjoy your time with us.