“Good value small restaurant near Chester centre”
Review of Atina Kitchen

Atina Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Atina Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 565 Restaurants in Chester
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Enjoying & sharing great food, drink & conversation with family, friends & even strangers (at times) is where we take our influence from. It's how we grew up. Although our roots are firmly in Italian cooking techniques, we love all cuisines & cooking styles at Atina Kitchen & this is reflected throughout our menus.
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We had a perfect fixed price meal ;3 courses Prosecco all for £24 each. Good choice on the menu, efficient service and all prepared freshly. A pleasant family atmosphere with adults of all age ranges and some children.Attentive and chatty staff.Try the sea bass it was divine.

4  Thank Chris4julia
Caffè A, Owner at Atina Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thanks you! Always great to pass on great feedback to the team!

There are newer reviews for Atina Kitchen

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We recently visited Caffe Atina as a large group for a live music evening. The staff accommodated for us well as we had a staggered arrival, seating us on a large table in the front of the restaurant and welcoming us with glasses of complimentary Prosecco. The atmosphere was buzzing as we arrived. The string quartet was in full swing with The Verve's "Bitter Sweet Symphony" moving on to other modern hits and popular theme tunes. All other seating in the front of the restaurant was occupied, which we thought was a good sign of the quality of food to be expected, we were not disappointed!

The set menu had an excellent selection of foods, so much so, I struggled to decide on both my starter and main. I wanted to try more than just one starter and had to wait til I'd finished that before finally settling on the "Turducken" as my main! Five out of our party of six chose the "Turducken" as it was something we'd never tried before. It was absolutely beautiful! Accompanied with traditional veg and pan jus (which for me, was the highlight of the dish) it was a real nice twist on the traditional turkey Christmas dinner. The sixth member of our party went for a braised rib of beef which came in such a large healthy quantity they just could not finish it, but assured us they had loved it, it had just beaten their stomach.

The whole meal was absolutely great value for money and the options of two, three or five courses suited our party with a mixture of two and three courses for £30/£34.50. The staff were lovely and attentive and had no issues with us staying for drinks after we'd finished our meal (even though we were the last table to finish eating).

All in all, our visit was absolutely superb. I would recommend Caffe Atina to anyone looking for a quality evening meal out in Chester. Great atmosphere, great staff, lovely modern interior (I've seen previous complaints about "folding chairs" of which there is none!) and absolutely delicious food in hearty quantities. This has certainly become one of my favourite Chester eateries, so much so I am taking visitors to the city for a meal here later this week!

4  Thank PeachyMcWaft

What a delight to read you had such a great evening with us at Atina! Thanks you.

See you again soon ☺

Reviewed December 10, 2012

TWICE, I have eaten here since the cafe has changed. The first time I said "never again," but I gave it another go on 10 December 12. Oh, just shocked with what was on the plate. My Christmas meal with the three bird meats was embarrassing. They precook so everything is just reheated and shriveled. The honey roasted veg was only fit for the bin. Stick to sandwich. Oh, and the chips are not worth mentioning. Charlie and Ica.

4  Thank chill752

Sorry you felt that way....

...obviously nothing I write here is going to change your strong opinions on your second time with us so I'll just apologize on behalf of the Atina team instead...

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I came here for a birthday/christmas meal with family and friends on one of the live music and dinner nights. The food is always great at Caffe Atina but the "Turducken" was beautiful and cooked to perfection.The evenings entertainment of a string quartet really set the tone and created an atmosphere miles away from your typical Saturday night out. Fast and friendly service from this family run restaurant.
Not enough people know about this hidden gem, I tell everyone who will listen!

4  Thank NAROWLAND

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are really glad you enjoyed your night with us....all the staff certainly did that evening...great fun!

Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Please do not take any notice of the last review. If those people had taken the chance to order and taste the food they would not have been disappointed. The food is excellent and so very tasty. The service is also second to none and the staff cannot do enough for you. I have been to many fancy decorated restaurants with tasteless food and arrogant staff. I would chose Cafe Atina over all of them! Congratulations to your waiting on staff and chef!

5  Thank Campaign4goodservice

Thank you for your kind words and support for our small restaurant. It can be hard 'keeping up' with the 'big chains' so we are glad we you enjoyed your time with us ☺