“Service without a smile” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atina Kitchen

Atina Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Atina Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 547 Restaurants in Chester
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoying & sharing great food, drink & conversation with family, friends & even strangers (at times) is where we take our influence from. It's how we grew up. Although our roots are firmly in Italian cooking techniques, we love all cuisines & cooking styles at Atina Kitchen & this is reflected throughout our menus.
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Service without a smile”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

Visited Cafe Atina for lunch after the rave reviews on Trip Advisor but was left a little disappointed after the poor service we received.

The restaurant itself had a relaxed, informal feel and the menu was varied with a good choice. However, the service didn't match. We arrived around 2pm and were not warmly greeted (the waitress seemed annoyed to serve us then rolled her eyes when we told her we needed more time to order) when we ordered our food it didn't take long. The food was fresh and tasty.... but I wouldn't go as far as to say this is one of the best places to eat in Chester.

I would happily eat here again but next time I hope to get a service WITH a smile!

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank travelwithwine
Caffè A, Owner at Atina Kitchen, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
I'll start with a sorry. That's certainly not the usual service standard the staff have been trained too.

We want people to feel relaxed and 'at home' when visiting Atina. Thank you for you review, it does help us improve and learn.

Hope to see you again soon!

Mold, United Kingdom
“A very enjoyable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Visited Cafe Atina for a Saturday evening meal. The last time I was there it was The Gallery. What a delightful transformation! Such thought and imagination has gone into the new Atina. Best of all was the change in menu. The chef really has great imagination with the food on offer. The menu had an abundance of choices with unusual ingredients. For example, my main course was Seabass with a wild nettle sauce. YUM!! For dessert I chose lemon tart with Tabasco sauce...amazing.
Scott, who looked after us for the evening was attentive,efficient and professional, as well as spending time to chat with us.
I would highly recommend a visit to this eatery. We will most certainly be eating there again. This restaurant and its staff deserve every success. It is up amongst the best in Chester and is very reasonably priced given the quality of the food.

8 Thank margeves
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Could not have been better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

I booked here on the races weekend for a group of 26 ladies. Manager was excellent with us from start to finish, kept in contact with me, put extra requests on the menu for us and accomodated us by putting us in the back room so we could play games and read out stories etc to each other.
All staff were so friendly and joined in our banter and the food was absolutely delicious!
We were allowed to go into restaurant during the afternoon to decorate the room as a surprise and the staff helped us do this!
Honestly could not have asked for more and will definitely be booking again for our reunion next year!!!
Would highly recommend!!!!

8 Thank jennifer h
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Don't let the outside put you off”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

I visited here on Sunday with my partner. We were wandering around Chester after some shopping, trying to decide where to have lunch when we remembered Trip Advisor. We searched for cafes in Chester and Atina came out on top. Aren't we glad we did that!

I have walked past this cafe many times on previous trips to Chester and often been put off by the exterior (it's hidden by old columns and under an old glass roof). But inside it's clean and modern. We sat at the breakfast bar in the window so we could people watch. It was quiet when we visited so no real atmosphere. I liked the music they were playing; unusual and a bit random covering totally different genres.

Although a little pricey, the food was lovely. There is a lot of choice. We enquired about brunch and were given a brunch menu to look through, as well as the lunch one we were originally given when we sat down. My partner was very happy that they served breakfast ALL day (a lot of places stop at 11.30). Staff were friendly and efficient. Will definitely go again.

8 Thank Rizzola
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely food but do not risk it if you are in a hurry”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We visited Atina with plenty of time to spare and that probably accounts for my asessment that differs from Andrew's. The review is also less critical as we did not suffer the situation to which he and his friend were subjected.

On waiting for a meal - yes, it did seem to take an inordinate time from sitting down, being presented menues, ordering and receiving the food. However, I was only beginning to feel restive and the food arrived. It really was worth the wait. The meals taste as though they are cooked to order, by a chef who is interested in providing a delicious meal which is attractive and at the same time, plentiful.

The service was pleasant, although I think that there is some additional training needed to encourage more speedy attention to customers as soon as possible after they arrive.

Despite feeling that everything could have been done more efficiently we left with an overall positive attitude toward Atina. On the other hand, I sympathise with Andrew. I dislike places that do not have a flexible menu. I can see that there could well be a time specific breakfast menu. However, a brunch/lunch menu should begin earlier than twelve. If Atina is offering only breakfast and lunch then let them say so; have the times clearly stated on a notice as one walks in and no-one will be disappointed.

I'd go to Atina again for the food, but would allow plenty of time and take a companion with whom I could chat or a book - possibly Andrew might suggest 'War and Peace'?

• 2 of 5 bubbles