“Ok for a budget stay.”

Ranked #36 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Leeds Uk
“Ok for a budget stay.”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This hotel is located, right off the motorway, so it is fine for quick exit. The area is very industrial and there is always an odour of chemicals in the air. The hotel is a little tired, it could be an old premier inn?? There is a Costa coffee and McDonald's on site theses are very handy. The rooms are basic but very comfortable, my only complaint is that housekeeping could have been a little better, we had no hand soap or shower gel for our entire stay of 3 days.
Staff on reception were really friendly and accommodating, if you can get a good price its an OK place to stay. Would I stay again? Yes!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the petrol station seem to be better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here earlier in the year, I needed an overnight I'm the Chester area, and again this was the cheapest rate available.

Checkin was efficient, I was given a ground floor room with 2 single beds.

I noticed some of the lighting was out in the corridor, thus was echoed in the room where some maintenance is needed.

Spacious room, 2 small but comfortable single beds. Clean. Fast wifi, table and chair. LCD tv. Warm, not hot shower. Despite people in adjacent rooms, I was not disturbed.

Great value at £30/ night rate, quite, clean and comfortable

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We paid 50.00 or a family room, the room had a double bed and two single rooms. Still leaving plenty of room to move around. The location was ideal for visiting Chester Zoo, Cheshire Oaks and also Chester City. If you want to go to Chester City the best thing would be to park at the Park & Ride at Chester Zoo and the bus costing 2.00 return takes you directly into the centre, the ticket is for an adult but two children can travel for free with any adult.

The room itself has coffee making facilities and standard hotel sized bathroom.

Next to the hotel is the main service station, which includes a Costa Coffee, McDonalds, WH Smith and another eatery.

On the whole this hotel is nice nice place to stay, not sure why people have given poor reviews.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room, easy for access with lugauge.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I would love to leave a glowing review but there are flaws. Firstly the price was great, £35 a night and the staff were lovely, welcoming and friendly. We have stayed here before and knew it to be good however there were a few niggles this time. Having watched far too many episodes of the Hotel Inspector there were no mattress protectors (probably wouldn't have noticed but the mattress was blue striped and showed through the sheet). There were a few holes in the sheet consistent with age, however on saying all this the mattress looked clean so didn't feel it was worthwhile saying anything. As noted by a previous reviewer no cleaning seems to take place while staying but the bed gets made. The hand soap was empty when we arrived and when we left, toilet roll wasn't full, nor topped up while we stayed. This sounds very complaining, we're not but want to be honest. None of this really mattered to us, it was literally just a base to stay for us, we had soap with us so not worth mentioning. At no point in our two nights (or our last three night stay) was the fact that you are on a 24 hour services a problem. It was very quiet and we had a ground floor room at the front. In fact I liked having the services available if needed.
Aside from the sound of doors closing (which seems to happen in pretty much every hotel) this is a quiet hotel. I would definitely stay again but only when on offer. With the problems mentioned above I wouldn't pay £60 plus per room. It is worth mentioning that they allow three pets to stay (for a charge) quite unusual and generous, this would make me book again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Vikki B
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

This is definitely one of the best hotels around for value. Me and my family stayed 5 nights the room was spotless the beds were made nicely the bathroom was also very clean no hair in plug holes as I've found in most big name hotels I've stayed in.The room was cleaned daily which was good the staff were extremely helpful. We will definitely be staying again thank you days inn staff

Stayed April 2014
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Pre booking awful said I'd paid in full over the phone but then on arriving had to pay again, asked for twin rooms got a double. Beds uncomfortable and found it too noisey over all will not be staying again

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank robinlacey

Travelers are raving about these Chester hotels

Hertford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Needed a room for the night as I had an early start. When I booked it, I was slightly put off about it being in a service area. However, when I arrived, the room and linen were clean, the bed was comfortable and I didn't hear a sound from the road. Also had an excellent breakfast in the services next door

For the money, it was excellent value and would happily use it again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chester
Gateway to Wales Hotel
Holiday Inn Ellesmere / Cheshire Oaks
Belgrave
Belgrave
#40 of 44 in Chester

Been to Days Inn Chester East? Share your experiences!