“Regular guest”
Review of Chester Court

Chester Court
Ranked #18 of 44 Hotels in Chester
Reviewed June 20, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Chester court because of the location & value & I have stayed a few times. I choose to stay in the court yard rooms & I have not had any problems before. But room 10 lets the hotel down. Shared room with several spiders, room very dusty, no wifi signal, noisiest shower ever, however I did want to shower in my shoes, it couldn't of been cleaned previously. Scrubbing brush & mould spray needed urgently!!
I like this place, it's only a small detail and I will be back. Lovely girl who works breakfast & it's yummy!!! :)

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Chester Court

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Pleasant stay in conveniently located small hotel/b+b. Plenty of parking. Stayed in one of the "courtyard" rooms adjacent to main building. Good size room; small bar & lounge handy if don't want to go out; good breakfast in sunny room; cheerful staff. Overall an enjoyable overnight in Chester - just over a mile to walk into city centre but bank, shops only 5 mins away.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank SEC67
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Lovely hotel and well situated so easy to access when you come off motorway. Helpful staff and lovely breakfast and comfy bed.
My one criticism is that not only do they close their bar at 10pm but also the communal sitting room which meant we were sent off to our rooms with our drinks therefore not able to socialize in comfortable chairs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Friendly people, nice room set back from the road and comfortable. Very reasonable rates. Most impressed by them not charging us for a third night booked when we had to leave early. I was seriously impressed by the landscaping in the gardens, beautifully though out and planned. I confess to pinching a couple of Rosemary and Sage cuttings!.

Very convenient for town.

Edward Parker

Room Tip: Ideally out the back away from the road
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 51edjp
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We went for our anniversary in April and the stay was lovely, the only downside was the central heating was stuck in through the night....

The rooms were a very good size and very clean, the hotel itself very well maintained and I would not hesitate to stay again, all the staff were welcoming and friendly...

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this small hotel a few times now and have thoroughly enjoyed our short break each time(which is why we keep coming back)!
This time, however, as well as staying for 4 nights we had asked The Chester Court to provide an afternoon celebration for my parents Diamond Wedding. We needed to keep it simple but elegant, we required good service but not to the point of being intrusive and above all we wanted Mum and Dad to be comfortable and have an enjoyable time with their family and friends!
Nathan and his fantastic, amazing, team did all we asked and such a lot more besides. I recommend this small hotel with such a big heart to anyone looking to stay in Chester. We would not want to stay any where else.
Thank you from all the family for giving us a fantastic day to remember and for all your hard work and patience!.
As Arnie once said.......we will be back ASAP!!!!
Pam and Family xx

Room Tip: There is no pool or specific children's activities but children are made very welcome
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank pmwalker5
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife and I had a short stay in the Chester Court on 23/05/2014 and were very impressed by
the overall standard of the hotel. Check-in was friendly and no fuss at all, we were shown to our room, on the 1st floor and on the front of the hotel.The room was very spacious, clean and with very tasteful decor. We did anticipate a bit of traffic noise but this was minimal.The breakfast was really excellent, in a very comfortable dining room, and the staff could not be more pleasant. The location, on Hoole Road, is close enough to the town centre to allow for a short 15 minute stroll to all of the amenities on offer. We shall certainly be making a return visit in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple