Stayed here for 2 nights while on a business trip.
I phoned the hotel ahead a few days before hand as I wanted to get booked into some local fitness classes before & after work. The reception was very helpful & gave me a list of places I could contact.
I arrived earlier than check in allowed so concierge took my bags which allowed me to head straight to the office for a days work.
My room was on a corner which made it a funny shape but quite spacious. The bed was very comfortable & I slept great both nights.
The hotel location is right in the town centre with all the local shops, bars, restaurants & banks etc on your door step.
It took me about 10mins to walk from the station to the hotel.
The only draw back was the price of rooms service. I had a bowl of pasta with a side & once tray service was added it came to about £22- not including a drink!
i would recommend walking round the corner & going to waitrose or M&S.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms