2,054 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationone way systemcooked breakfastblack puddingearly hoursreception staffcity breakevening mealbreakfast was excellenthotel restaurantafternoon teamy birthdayshort breakfull english
Reviewed February 27, 2014

The new blossom hotel is one of the best hotels in Chester .I arrived a t at 9.30 am knowing I could not check in .so I arranged with the reception chap (Alex) for them to look after my bags while I went to Liverpool for the day. that was a great help thanks Alex .the hotel was spotless the .staff were very friendly and helpful all smiles .the food was 2nd to none .(now I know I say this on all my reviews but i am a fussy sod so when I say its good its good)the grand old staircase that greets you when you walk into the place makes you feel special as you walk down and up it.(could do with a red carpet for extra effect.)the hotel its self is in the centre of the village in johns street if you don't know Chester ask where is as Chester's a big place .if i had to mention members of staff who where above the call of duty then I think it would be unfair on the ones who I missed .there a great team and its a great hotel nice lift as well if like me you have a bad back and cant lift to many things up stairs..im now looking to returning to this hotel on day but next time it will be longer .thanks .all

Room Tip: look for the two market traders selling football stuff the take a left look for a window with steak and grill then you within 3 feet of the hotel .
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank baggy4711
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We enjoyed a very comfortable 2 nights in this lovely old hotel. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was not large but clean and comfortable had great character. Breakfast was very good. The coffee and croissants were delicious. It was a bit annoying that there was no parking but as it is in the centre of Chester this is not surprising.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AnnieGD
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

For the price you pay for it, it was brilliant! The beds were so comfy and the staff were very friendly. There was a great variety at breakfast and it was all delicious. The only fault I could find was the elevator was rather small - not big enough for 3 people plus luggage. Apart from that (which cannot really be helped) it was a wonderful weekend. Would highly recommend.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2014

A good, clean hotel in a central location however VERY loud noise from outside so really struggled to sleep, it really was constant so I wouldn't recommend it mainly for this reason. The hotel also lacks a car park and has a very expensive bar!

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank JD13Wolverhampton
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed at the hotel as a Valentines treat. We were advised there was car parking. But this is on a multi storey car park a few streets away. We travelled light but it wouldn't have been ideal were this not the case. We unpacked and went for a snooze but struggled to sleep because of a very noisy family with children upstairs. We ate in the restaurant but were told when we arrived at 8.30 we were only just in time and they closed at 9pm. We felt uncomfortable. Before we had eaten starters the waiter came to take our plates away. We explained we hadn't finished. Food was lovely but pricey as were the drinks. On the plus side, although the room was very small, the bed was extremely comfortable. We explained at reception re the family upstairs and were told we could change if it was a problem later but hopefully the children would be asleep as they were going to the zoo in the morning! We slept OK during the night but unfortunately the family were up very early doors and consequently so were we! It would have been nice if the hotel and simiply offered immediately to change our room. Overall lovely hotel, had nice weekend but car park and restaurant let us down.

Room Tip: We didnt have a view but I think it was better than maybe a room overlooking the main street which was noisy
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple