Myself and my wife stayed for two nights last week in room 125. The bed in the room was terrible, sagging in the middle it was almost impossible to stay on the edge and the mattress was shocking. I had read a previous review that said the beds were big and comfortable, unfortunately, ours must be one they had forgot to replace. The seal on the shower was useless and we had pools of water on the floor after each shower. The noise from outside was terrible on the first night, but a bit better on the Thursday night. We hardly got any sleep because of the noise on the first night. The hotel was very hot and housekeeping staff had to open windows in the corridors to cool the place down. The staff were attentive and friendly, but reception was left unmanned a few times, so we walked away and went back later. Overall, I was disappointed and wish we had paid more to stay at The Grovesnor
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms