Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel
$95
$91
Orbitz.com
1,969 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationon arrivalcooked breakfastblack puddingreception staffearly hoursevening mealcity breakbreakfast was excellentexecutive roomafternoon teasaturday nightfull englishmy birthday
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Blossoms is a disappointment - and expensive too at £145 for a single occupancy. My SatNav wouldn't accept the hotel's websites SatNav post code as it didn't recognise the street. The reception staff said it was a common problem and that the one way system defeated most SarNav systems anyway. Hence I had a difficult time getting to the hotel. Fortunately the staff at the Crowne Plaza where I asked for directions were superbly helpful and drew me a map. Thank you guys.

I parked at the Grosvenor Centre car park for a discounted rate of £9 for 24 hours.

The best thing about the hotel is the staff - very polite, helpful and friendly

The hotel itself lets them down. It's expensive and they asked for a further £10 for Internet connection.

The room was adequate but not good. The bathroom door didn't open fully, restricted by the bed. The chairs were arm chairs so no use for workgroup at the desk. The tea and coffee tray was under the TV which meant doing things on hands and knees or moving it all to the desk.

Apparently a bath mat may be obtained from reception!

The breakfast was good then I paid for the hotel and car park but on trying to enter the car park at 10:30 I found the entrance from the Main Street was closed. Passers by gave me complicated instructions to another entrance. One guy than suggested I walk through the nearby Grosvenor Hotel which I did thankfully. On this occasion the staff failed to offer advice.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We as in 3 friends checked in 13/06/13 having booked through Late rooms at a cost of £780.00 for 3nights B&B. Our rooms were very poor to start with,, if there were new rooms we certainly did not have one,, our rooms were very dated with damp patches dirty window ledges very cramped and dark worn furniture.Windows that did not open we had a fan to plug in .. First night we stayed in the hotel for dinner and were informed that the order for food was not dilivered,we were offered a very poor choice of what we could have to eat.
The lift fits just tree people very claustrophobic two if you have a case.
The staff were very nice amazing as they seemed to be apologising for everything.I would not stay here again and I was sorry that I did not pay just alittle extra and stay at the Grovenor.
I am amazes this hote has 5star rateing ,,I would give it a generous 3star and would not use it or recomend it to my friends.

Room Tip: Ring hotel direct and ask to see the room before you pay, takes a long time to check in so be prepared to stand a long time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Just stopped at the New Blossom Hotel, all I can say is I have stopped at better B & Bs, room was very nice, but that is where it stops, breakfast was just a handed baked up plate of bacon which was full of fat, baked up beans, about 10 !!, the dinning room was one of the most depressing thing I have ever seen, and the Bar what a joke, can't even call it a Bar, just 3 tables, dark and dull, £3.50 for a small bottle of coke. We had 1 evening meal which we pre- booked special rate of £30 instead of £50, well it was not even worth £10, good job I had not paid full rate as it was just a small steak and a few chips, all in all it was a waste of money, def not a 4 star Hotel, rubbish

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

For the price per room one definitely expects better. Creaky floorboards, poor lighting, very warm rooms (no A/C) and £10 a day for wireless Internet (in the year 2013? Give me a break...)

Nice grand piano near reception and the staff try to be friendly. This hotel looks neglected which is a real shame for the location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Richard M
Reviewed June 13, 2013

The staff was so attentive and helpful. We had a wonderful room with plenty of space and lots of light. We had a private sitting room with a bath/shower combo. It is a quaint older hotel in the best part of the city right next to the amphitheater - we did not eat dinner there, but breakfast was good (nothing spectacular). Ask for a room that does not face the street

Room Tip: We had room 202 - Rose Suite - Excellent room - I didn't mind, but there is a noise from the kitchen vents. Definately get a room on the back side of the hotel, not one on the streets.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple