I have stayed here before at the same time last year and i booked an executive suite as there was only £40 difference, it was worth the extra. The suite had lots of room and a seperate sitting area. there was a queen sized bed and although we could here a little noise from late night revellers, it didn't wake us as we were at the back of the building. The staff were completely attentive to our needs and changed my room from a romantic 4 poster double bedded suite to a queen bedded suite at 2 minutes notice (I know were friends but we need a bit of room between us in the bed :-)) The bed was soft and squashy and very comfy pillows, complimentary water, tea coffee in the room as well as slippers and fluffy robes to use. Nothing was too much trouble, we dined out at la tasca a fabulous spanish resteraunt 5 minutes walk away and had breakfast at the hotel which was included in our package, the full english breakfast is lovely, the black pudding is fabulous !! not a bit of fat in it. They held onto our bags for us while we shopped and we nipped back for our aftenoon tea with scones and clotted cream which we should have had the day before but we asked to have it on our day of departure. I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms