I have just returned from a trip to Chester with my husband, this was meant to be a special tip as we were without our son on a very rare night out. We decided to push the boat out and were torn between the Crowne Plaza and this one, as we have stayed here before years ago we chose this one - mistake!
we paid £140 bed and breakfast and were put in room 208 which was like a box room you could hardly move around the bed it was so small and the the view out of the window was of the back of the hotel and some industrial units.
there was 1 bottle of water in the room and the tea and coffee facilities were minimal. The room was stiflingly hot and the floor boards were extremely creaky, someone in the upstairs room had a shower at 7 am and they might as well have been in the same room it sounded like the water was coming down into my room. The room service menu consisted of puddings and wine and was repeated 8 times so this had obviously not been checked. The info said spare pillows were in the wardrobe and there was none!
the decor was nice but we felt like we had been shoved in a box room at the back of the hotel
We went for breakfast the next day which was included in our booking however it would have been priced at a whopping £17.50!! it was waitress service except for cereal and continental items. She took my order which was the 'signature' breakfast, bacon, sausage, egg, mushroom, black pudding and tomato, it was a small breakfast - to say the least with only a SLICE of mushroom!!
THIS HOTEL IS SERIOUSLY OVERPRICED AND A HUGE DISSAPOINTMENT!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms