2,058 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationone way systemcooked breakfastblack puddingearly hoursreception staffcity breakevening mealbreakfast was excellenthotel restaurantafternoon teamy birthdayshort breakfull english
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed on a Friday night. To start you have to park in a multistory car park 5 minutes walk from the hotel, we parked in the market car park which was a lot feather away.
The outside of the hotel looks great, very posh even the reception looks very nice, BUT as soon as you go upstairs it starts feeling and looking very shabby and very dated. We stayed on the 3rd floor at the front of the hotel. The room was very dated and had a smell to it, the bathroom was okay but the towels smelt of cooking like they had been dried where there had been food cooking, wasn't nice getting out of the shower to these smelly towels.... Bed was okay but the pillows lacked any sort of back bone, the carpets where also stained.
We had breakfast included in our price, it was nice, I asked for pouched egg with my breakfast
I wish i didn't, it tasted nice but was rock hard but the rest was very nice, the staff where friendly at breakfast but once you got your meal they never came back and seen if we needed anything which was a shame.
If you do stay here try out the red door bar next door it is really nice, great drinks, cocktails, lots of different bourbons, gins and so on......

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steven L
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I stayed here in business recently for one night. It felt like going back in time to the bad hotels of the past.

I suppose someone has to get the rubbish room and I certainly felt that was my case. The hotel lobby is promising and grand. However, once you get into the room corridors things go down hill. My room was located in some annex above the vents from the kitchen. Room was small, cold and dingy. Bedding smelt stale and the bathroom had a cracked tile which you could pick up if you so wanted. Shower was either lava hot or freezing. No safe, no free wifi (unless you are a BT Openzone customer) and a charge for using your credit card to pay. I have stayed in hotels of all star ratings across the UK and Europe and never had to pay to use my credit card. Come on seriously.

Hotel breakfast was OK but service was very poor. Boiled eggs caused great confusion. Hotel gets one extra star as the eggs were nice when they finally arrived. My colleagues stayed in the Abode for the same price and I would recommend going there.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Andrew_and_Natalya
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had a short mid week break with my sister and her husband and it was excellent. The room was spotlessly clean with a good bathroom, with a efficient shower that was easy to use. From the moment we arrived, the staff could not have been more pleasant and helpful. We had a special one dinner and tickets for the Zoo offer. The dinner was really good and again the waiting staff were brilliant. Breakfast was equally good with a huge choice of fruit, cereals, muffins, pastries, cold meats and cheese. The full English breakfast was also good as was my brother in laws porridge .
We could not fault anything about the Hotel, the only downside was the lack of parking and we had to park in a multi storey car park not too far away. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My second visit to Blossoms Hotel and loved it, lovely room and bathroom, very spacious and spotlessly clean. Stayed on the front this time and slept well, not too much noise even though it was Freshman week at the club down the road. Double glazing plus ear plugs cancelled out the noise, even when a 4 piece band set up outside !

Staff very helpful and found out about trains and buses as some of our party were stuck on a train due to heavy flooding between Liverpool and Chester.

We booked afternoon tea which was lovely, sandwiches, cakes and scones, delicious. My only complaint that we had it in the lounge on a low table, so had to balance the plates on our knees, apart from that everything was perfect.

Did not eat breakfast as its a little pricey, we ate at Valeries around the corner. Though I know the breakfast is excellent as on my last stay it ws included in our room rate.

I love Chester and this hotel is bang in the middle of the city, will certainly stay again, I love this hotel.

Room Tip: Room at the back
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Visited MacDonalds New Blossoms Hotel in Chester for a 2 night mid week break in July on a dinner, bed & breakfast with afternoon tea and river boat cruise as a gift from our son. On arrival we were greeted by Richard who efficiently booked us in at 9.30 a.m. and our room was ready. It was room 311 which was to the front of the hotel. Our room was great. A huge bed with lovely crisp white sheets, a sofa and armchairs with lovely cushions and drapes. Nice clean bathroom. Tea/Coffee with biscuits plus lovely decanter of drinking water which was a nice touch. Due to being an old building the windows have secondary glazing. They were a little grubby.The breakfast was plentiful and nothing was too much for Gabriel he was so attentive and pleasant. We had afternoon tea which was nice. The evening meal of Battered Fish was good, our son chose Haggis as main course but was disappointed with portion size, the chicken was gorgeous. We would have loved to have stayed longer and would recommend it. We were always greeted with a smile by the lovely reception staff with an inquiry as to how we spent our day. Paola the Manager was very friendly and helpful. We were lucky with the weather and did all the tourist things. The hotel is very central within easy walking distance to the clock, walls, museums, gardens, shops etc. We were blessed with blue skies and sunshine for our river boat cruise.

Room Tip: The hotel has no air conditioning.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple