Stayed overnight on my 30th birthday as a treat and initial impressions were good - the reception area is attractive and check in was quick and friendly.
We were put into room 302 which is on the top floor and as far as you can possibly go - no problem. The room was small but clean and tidy. However after we returned from our meal out, the room had become unbearably hot so I opened the secondary glazing on the windows and called reception for a fan. Reception called back after 15 minutes to say there were no fans available.
From 12.00 midnight the noise from Cruise nightclubopposite really began to kick in and continued until around 4.00am. In the meantime I had tried closing the windows but then the heat became oppressive so I resorted to wetting a bath towel and "sleeping" under this instead of the duvet. As a couple used to a kingsize bed we also really struggled to get comfortable in the standard double so in general it was a very uncomfortable night. After the noise subsided I risked opening the windows again, only to be woken at 6am by the beer delivery at a nearby bar.
I won't go into the other problems in detail but we had to prop the ironing board against the curtains to keep light out at the sides, and the bathroom sink leaked water all over the bathroom floor.
The staff member on check out was very sympathetic and offered to reduce our bill by 20% and pass on my comments onto the GM, however when I checked my account later in the day the full amount had been debited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel, part of the AA Hotel Group of the Year 2013/14 is a classical boutique hotel in the heart of the historic City of Chester, situated on the famous City Walls and near the Eastgate Clock Tower, said to be the second most photographed clock in England. First opened in 1650, you won't find another more historical hotel in Chester but you will find our hotel's period charm blends perfectly with modern luxury, creating the perfect environment to relax and unwind. Our elegant stylish and flexible function suites teamed with a city centre location, provide the perfect environment for a wedding, conference or event with free, unlimited WiFi powered by The Cloud for every delegate. Our Meeting and event promise will make sure you get the environment and dedicated team to meet all of your needs. When the business day is done, there's no better place for you to retire to than the new 1650 St Johns Restaurant where you'll dine on sensational food using fresh, quality ingredients, topped off with an excellent wine selection and friendly, personal service. Aiming to be one of the coolest new restaurants in Chester, enjoy our personally crafted 2-4-1 cocktails every evening between 5pm-7pm. The hotel has the perfect location to sample all the delights that Chester has to offer including shopping, Chester nightlife, Dee River cruises, the famous Chester Racecourse along with historical attractions such as The Rows and City Walls. A 15 minute trip will take you to the Chester Oaks Designer Outlet or Chester Zoo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald New Blossoms Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald New Blossoms Chester
- Hotel Macdonald New Blossoms