$97
$89
$73
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $86/night.

$125
  • Pool
$135
$125
2,026 results
All reviewscar parkcentral locationlovely hotelexcellent locationone way systemcooked breakfastblack puddingearly hoursreception staffcity breakevening mealbreakfast was excellenthotel restaurantafternoon teamy birthdayshort breakfull english
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Stayed here in March and came back again last week as had such a lovely time. Hollie on reception recognised us and when we asked for the same room she was happy to accommodate us.
As everyone has mentioned, the location is unbeatable. You step out of hotel & are 10 yards from high street. The hotel can get warm as there is no air con so would be wary of staying here in summer months if you need a cold bedroom to sleep in like we do.
Also we had to wait 30mins for ice and had to ring down twice. Would prefer to just get my own ice if they could provide an ice machine somewhere in hotel!!
Breakfast is good as included in price but I wouldn't have paid £ 15.50 for it. Best black pudding I've ever tasted!!
Will definitely come here again!!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 4, 2011

Stayed for 2 nights over Easter. We booked through Tesco rewards scheme. We had an executive room, this was on 2 levels with dressing area and bathroom on one level and bed and wardrobe down a couple of steps. Room was lovely, bathroom was very spacious. We had room 307, back of hotel, no view whatsoever, but room was very quite. On the downside, this is hottest hotel I have ever stayed in! No air con, and bedroom and all corridors were really hot. Im going through hot flushes, but my husband said it was too hot for him.
The location of this hotel is excellent. 10 mins walk down to Riverside one way, and just a few steps to Eastgate and The Rows in opposite direction. We went on an open top bus ride, food & drink festival at Racecourse, and just generally shopped, ate and drank. Chester is a great place to visit, loads to do, and everywhere really nice. I would stay at The New Blossoms again, because location so good, decor and all rooms very good quality and breakfast good.
We had a meal on the Saturday at the Blackhouse Grill, definitely one to try, and a lunch at the Pipe and Jug (i think thats name - next to travelodge) definitely one to avoid!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I came here with my sister for a little break and after reading some varied reviews i have to say i have no complaints, the staff were lovely, our room was clean, well equiped and had more than enough space, i found the breakfast more than adequate with enough choices, asked for a quiet room as we had heard there was a night club in the same street which we were given. checking in and out was fine. even the tiny lift i found amusing. while i can appreciate not everyone has the same the same experience when they check into a hotel as i have stayed in some weird and wonderful places. I will be going back again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2011

We have just come back from this hotel and I have to say it was great. I had seen the mixed reviews and was worried, but I didn't need to. The staff were friendly, the room was lovely, the food was tasty. The hotel was really quaint. If you have a pushchair, ask for a room near to the lift as there are steps to fight with to get to some rooms. The only reason why I didn't give this hotel full marks was because at breakfast, the waiting on staff on one of the days (Friday) were not organised at all, leaving us to wait to be served for 30 minutes! One thing to note, take shorts if your staying quite soon, the hotel was very warm! Oh and there is road works at the moment which messes up the sat nav directions.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I stayed at the New Blossoms for one night on a business trip, and although the stay was comfortable I would say that it falls slightly short of the four star mark - or at least, the room I stayed in did. There were scuff marks and peeling edges to the wallpaper and a smell of burning hair which lingered in the corridor and in the room all night to the next morning. Mostly the decor is fine; I'd read when booking that it looked a little tired but I think it's the style (which is very much in keeping with the architecture of the place) which makes it look older. The building is fairly dark by modern standards, too - although my room looked out on the space within the building where air conditioning units stood - which may not have helped either.

The room was very comfortable and spacious - though the bathroom was just big enough to manoevre in and could have done with an extra couple of square feet.

The staff on reception and in the restaurant were friendly and helpful at all times.

It's a much better option than one of the sterile boxes on offer at the budget hotels but I wouldn't come here expecting luxury; it probably gains its four stars based on the location and staff but not so much on the room quality.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business