7 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$89
Priceline$89
travelup.com$104
4,039 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant mpw restaurant double tree warm cookies garden restaurant garden room lovely hotel my partner lovely grounds afternoon tea steam room lovely touch cheshire oaks changing rooms birthday treat following morning a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed June 12, 2017

Stayed recently for family wedding. Hotel staff were extremely helpful and efficient. Had a delicious meal in the Garden Room restaurant and enjoyed a good night's sleep even though the hotel was extremely busy!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeChester, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2017

Dear Christine P,

Thank you so much for sharing your positive review of your recent stay here with the Trip Advisor community. It is really pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you found our team to be "helpful and efficient".

Our Garden Room restaurant opened in November last year, of which we are extremely proud, so it is great to hear that you enjoyed your meal there.

We would very much like to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed June 11, 2017

Excellent hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Spa was amazing.. had a lovely relaxing massage before a swim at the pool and outdoor jacuzzi. A lovely and relxing weekend with friends. Will definitely be returning soon!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubleTreeChester, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2017

Dear Lowri H,

Thank you for sharing your 5 star review of your recent stay with us. It is lovely to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations in all areas and that you are thinking of returning to stay with us again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon, and hopefully you will have the chance to experience our 79 additional rooms which are due to open towards the end of the year.

Reviewed June 11, 2017 via mobile

A wonderful hotel, although in the middle of a refurbishment, the amenities have not been compromised.
The advantage of the Marco Pierre White Restaurant, really makes the stay most enjoyable, the meal was excellent and value for money.
Will visit again

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ed B,

Thank you so much for taking the opportunity to share your positive review of your recent stay with us. It is so pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your time here and that you are thinking of returning to stay with us in the future. We are very proud of having a Marco-Pierre White Steakhouse as one of our dining options, so it is great to hear that you enjoyed your time there.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed June 10, 2017

This would be my last trip to Chester (traveling from Bristol). To go to the funeral of a close family member who lived here. I thought it would be a treat to spend a bit more and get some degree of luxury all I got is what I'd expect from a cheaper hotel.

For over £200 for two nights, I expected one hell of a lot more from Hilton, I don't think I've ever been so disappointed with a hotel in my life and I've been to many many hotels over the years.

Check in was quite and simple, I was looking forward to having a swim that afternoon until I nearly passed out when the lady at reception said it was £15 to use the spa... I said, I assume the pool doesn't count.. oh it did, £15 to use a swimming pool. I've never been to a hotel that charges extra to use the pool. What a joke.

After the 5 mile walk to the first room we checked in to smelt musty, shower head pointed directly down making showering extremely difficult, walls and toilet was dirty, carpet in the room was frayed and many other imperfections. I went to reception and asked to be moved, because quite frankly, it's not good enough.

The second room was no improvement, broken wardrobe door, dirty bathroom, dirty floor, dodgy light system where you cannot just have a lamp on next to the bed, no plug sockets to use any electrical items, a screw from one of the sockets was hanging out making it hard to actually plug anything in to it.

Sadly I simply couldn't be bothered to ask to be moved again - or get a refund and go one mile down the road to the premier inn after a 4 hour drive. Unfortuantely the night it didn't improve either, the gap under the door was so big that the corridor light it actually illuminated the whole room, I had to use one of the gigatic pillows to block the light out. No tea or coffe was restocked in the room the next day after housekeeping had been in there. The final morning housekeeping decided to knock on the door at about 9:15 on a Saturday morning when check out isn't till 12pm, thanks for that. Luckily we were awake already from the people staying in the room above us.

These are the sorts of things I'd expect from a hotel chain like Mercure or Travelodge, but not Hilton. Save yourself the bother and check into the Premier inn in Bache for half the price.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank itsalmosttime
DoubleTreeChester, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2017

Dear itsalmosttimem,

Thank you for choosing to spend your last trip to Chester with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Chester, and we would like to take this opportunity to apologise that your stay clearly did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on offering high levels of both service and facilities which we obviously failed to meet on this occasion.

We introduced a supplement for guests who choose to take advantage of our club & spa facilities, as we believe that the overall experience is enhanced and have notified all booking sites of this change in our procedure in November last year.

I would like to assure you that all of your comments will be addressed with the relevant teams to ensure other guests do not share your experience. I would very much like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail in an attempt to restore your faith in us. Please contact me directly at mark.astbury@doubletreechester.com.

Reviewed June 10, 2017 via mobile

Booked a king room online, but on arrival upgraded to a suite, for a £50 charge. We were given the "Maguire Suite" Room 21. The room was on the ground floor and was large and bright, with a bathroom and an "accessible" wet room.
The room does require re-decorating though, there was patchy paint on the walls and a cracked lampshade. The bed was large, but so creaky!! Time for new mattresses! Also, the pillows were ridiculously soft! Granted, pillow firmness is personal preference, but I feel there should be alternatives available. Also, there was only 1 power point in the whole room! Unfortunately, the "view" from the room was of the bins! For the price of the room, I think something should be done to hide this view. Don't think we'd rush back unfortunately.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear VikA34,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to share your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that elements of your stay did not meet your expectations and for that we would like to apologise.

Thank you for your honest constructive feedback regrading your room and the facilities, please be assured that these will all be investigated by our maintenance team as a matter of urgency. We do have firmer pillows available on request for our guests to take advantage of, and in each room we have a power tower with between 3/4 plug sockets available. I am sorry if you were not aware of these additional sockets.

We hope that you would stay with us again in the future, especially as there will be an additional 79 rooms available towards the end of the year, and I am certain that your experience would be much improved.