Lowest prices for your stay
$89
View deal
$89
View deal
Hotels.com$90
Priceline$89
travelup.com$104
4,039 results
All reviews the marco pierre white restaurant mpw restaurant double tree warm cookies garden restaurant garden room lovely hotel my partner lovely grounds afternoon tea steam room lovely touch cheshire oaks changing rooms birthday treat following morning a lovely stay
Selected filters
Reviewed May 27, 2017

Stayed here on a £164 night rate for B&B...in a King Guest Room 201 - 26th May. I'm actually now home 27th May writing this review at 0650.
Checked in my room at 18;15 on the Friday night....was back in reception complaining there was no air con in the room as the air con unit was broke. We will sort it was promised. There is no remote in the room. We will sort it was promised. At 11;30 pm returned to my room thinking I might shower and it will be cooler by now. No chance.....the room was still hot and stifling. I checked out at 0430 in the morning. No apology from the night manager....nothing.

Room tip: Ask for a room where the air con works
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DiMartin2013
DoubleTreeChester, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree By Hilton Hotel & Spa Chester, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2017

Dear DiMartin2013,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. We take great pride in offering high levels of both service and facilities so it is obviously incredibly disappointing to hear that we failed to meet our own high standards.

We have been in touch with you directly to resolve the issue that you encountered with the air conditioning, as we never wish for any guest to depart the hotel at such an early hour.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us, when I am confident that your stay will be much improved.

Reviewed May 26, 2017

As a birthday treat my daughter had purchased vouchers via Groupon for an afternoon tea in the Marco Pierre whites restaurant for us both. After we had been into the Marco Pierre whites restaurant looking for someone we were directed into the garden room. We were a bit confused because apparently my daughter had paid more for it to be in there. She had previously been to an afternoon tea with her friend in the garden room but decided to pay more for my birthday treat hoping it would be a bit more special. It wasn't. The picture she printed off to give to me showed beautiful little cakes, macaroons, a bowl of strawberries, cream lovely little sandwiches and did we get that NO!!!! Really really disappointed, stale bread, horrible cheesy/chutney sandwiches 2 scones each with one tiny little dish with cream into share!!! It Was very hot also today and we noticed the table next to us had a jug of water with ice cubes, we tried to get someone's attention eventually we asked the miserable waitress if we could have some water, she came over with a jug filled our glasses and walked off with the jug. Obviously we could only have one glass, it seemed too much effort to try and ask as she quickly rushed away. My daughter felt bad, she had hoped it would be a nice treat for me. I think it's unfair that you are sold one thing and receive something else. I think that's false advertising. Really really disappointed. We have been to many places for afternoon tea, would we recommend this place NO! Would we return NO not for the food, and certainly not the service.please take my word for it, we would have been better going to the local cafe!

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Rdc19,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent visit for afternoon tea. It is incredibly disappointing to hear that you visit did not meet your expectations.

We are sorry to hear that you felt there were elements of our service and the offering for food that were not to your liking. We would very much like the opportunity to Make it Right. Our Food & Beverage Manager would like to discuss your concerns in greater detail and would be very appreciative if you could contact him at peter.boyle@doubletreechester.com.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to visit us in the not too distant future.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

This hotel is , in my opinion, not suitable as a getaway destination for couples. The room we had (119) was tiny; hotel maintenance is below expected standards, the food is poor and overpriced, the house wine is to be avoided and the restaurant is cold. I've been staying at Hilton Hotels for over 20 years so I speak with some authority when I say this one is not to be recommended. However its location is good for visiting Chester which was the purpose of our stay. If you do come here I recommend B&B only. The restaurant is disappointing and overpriced.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Dellside,

Thank you for sharing your honest comments regarding your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to hear that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Please be assured that we review all of our feedback, and utilise it to improve what we offer in terms of service and facilities.

We have received many positive comments regarding our dining options, and also our rooms, which make your feedback all the more disappointing.

We sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us, especially towards the end of the year when we will be opening 79 additional bedrooms, giving us many more upgrade options for our elite tier Hilton Honors guests.

Reviewed May 25, 2017

We stayed here for my girlfriend's birthday and it's certainly a birthday she won't forget! We were made to feel so welcome by every member of staff we met. I could not fault this hotel in any way, we had a lovely massage in the spa and relaxed in the pool and hot tub afterwards before our meal in the Marco Pierre White restaurant which was amazing!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear paulfJ2426DA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback concerning your recent stay with us, and we are so pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations.

It is very satisfying to hear that our team made you feel welcome in all areas of the hotel, and that you enjoyed the spa and Marco-Pierre White Steakhouse. We are very proud to have one of Marco's restaurants here at DoubleTree Chester.

Should you be looking to celebrate another special occasion, it would be our pleasure to be able to welcome you back to stay with us.

Reviewed May 25, 2017 via mobile

During check-in they asked me which drink I'd like to be delivered to the room as I am Gold member. I asked for wine. Unfortunately it wasn't delivered the first day so I asked to be delivered on the second day... no way! Just checked out and still waiting!
The room was on the ground floor. I could hear all the noises coming from everywhere.
No adapters available the first day - no way to collect one somewhere else.
Pretty a bad experience!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank mircop116

Dear Mirco P,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is with great disappointment to read that your stay in no way met your expectations and for that we would like to offer our sincerest apologies.

We take great pride in ensuring our elite tier Hilton Honors members receive the benefits that their loyalty deserves, and I am sorry that this was not the case during your stay.

Our guests are welcome to take advantage of our supply of adaptors, however this is a limited supply, and we will always endeavour to deliver to your room, when they are returned.

Upon departure when we were made aware of your concerns during your stay, we sent you an e-mail offering a gesture of goodwill for the obvious inconvenience that you encountered during your stay.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us, when I am confident that your experience will be much improved.