“Regular and Loyal Traveller - but don't have the feeling that this is mutual!”

Doubletree by Hilton Chester
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Chester
GreenLeadersBronze level
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Regular and Loyal Traveller - but don't have the feeling that this is mutual!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Great & impressive place I would recommend taking your partner for infrequent long weekends and certainly lengthy Business Stays. Helpful & friendly Reception Staff. Overall stay is a great experience - fantastic Restaurants but it does take a long while for your food to arrive. Apart from a few Hilton Points - I am not sure whether my stay and loyality is appreciated and/or reciprocated i.e. not wanted during Chester Races.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Stayed for one night of a two night hen party, I cannot fault the hotel staff they were all pleasant and very helpful but not intrusive. We had a meal in the Marco Pierre White restaurant, again all the staff were attentive and polite but the menu I found very expensive for what it was, 13 of us were sat in a lovely private area ( good idea for a hen party group) but the table was cramped, I have to admit I did not complain I was not the organiser and did not want to spoil the evening by complaints! I had the native lobster for main course but I was disappointed there was little flavour. In fact I would say my whole meal lacked flavour. The pool and spa was a good facility which I enjoyed thoroughly. I would recommend the hotel but not the restaurant at the current prices.

Room Tip: Some of the group shared a room for 4 double bed and sofa bed. The sofa bed is not really big enough...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We celebrated our wedding anniversary at the hotel. Nothing was too much for the staff, they were friendly and helpful at all times. Room was clean and tidy, as was the hotel. Plenty of options for breakfast. Grounds beautifully maintained and thankfully we had fantastic weather providing us with the opportunity to enjoy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Neil C
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We returned home last Thursday from a wonderful 2 weeks in Mexico for my Daughter and Son In
Law's Wedding .On Saturday evening 26 th April we had the most fabulous Wedding Celebration
Reception at the DoubleTree by Hilton Chester .From when we entered the hotel from reception ,
to help from Eric who was professional ,pleasant and polite ,the housekeeping staff ,particularly one lady who was looking after the rooms ,bar and waiting on staff ,we could not fault anyone or anything .Everyone was lovely, polite ,professional and helpful .Hannah from Management who looked after us prio ,during and after the event wa just amazing ! We couldn't thank her enough . She was also helpful prior to the event . I couldn't believe ,how beautiful she had made the gorgeous conservatory look .Hannah is just a lovely person ,so talented at her job ,professional ,smartly dressed and has such a presence about her , She is an asset to the DoubleTree ,Thank you Hannah for helping to make the perfect evening and Wedding Celebration for Vanessa and Robert and thank you to everyone else who made this happen too !Also thank you to Jemma ,Wedding Coordinator also for arranging the perfect evening who was alnso fantastic and to Rachael for your help too . Hayley on reception was so lovely and helpful when we dropped items off the night before and we felt so welcome .
All the rooms we stayed in overnight were absolutely beautiful , lovely clean rooms .We couldn't complain about anything at all .
The food at the wedding evening was just fabulous ,as was breakfast and the tastiest pizza's ever delivered to the room in the early hours of the morning ,when we were watching Vanessa and Robert open their presents .
Nothing was too much trouble for all the staff and We thank everyone at The DoubleTree Chester
Hilton for making our stay and our daughter and son in laws weddding celebration so perfect and
magical !

Brides mum

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful , the junior suites are just fantastic !
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Krh880
Abergele, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Booked a gym members Sunday gateway for me and my husband for Easter Sunday, popped in and paid a couple of weeks in advance so that when we arrived on the evening of Easter Sunday it would be a simple booking in process. Unfortunately it wasn't, the receptionist wanted to charge us for a full room rate in addition to the room rate that I had previously paid for as I didn't have my voucher with me which I had already given to the receptionist when I popped in 2 weeks earlier to pay. She insisted that I had to have the voucher or pay again! (Pay twice or leave)

Waited for the manager to arrive who informed the receptionist that as I had already paid she wasn't able to charge me again! Very annoying. Went to our room which had an awful view of a wall and a broken mirror.

After a nights sleep we were awoken with the fire alarm going off and stopping and then going off again no explanation or apology. Decided to leave but when we opened our bedroom door, we were greeted by a pile of dirty plates that the cleaner had decided to stack right outside our bedroom door from the next door room so we had to step over them.

Decided to use the gym and spa before we left, only to be told that we had to be out of the spa and gym by 12, so we only had 50 minutes which we ignored as they do not police this.

I love the gym the equipment is great and the tv and internet access is great. We then headed to the spa, on our way down to the spa a lady stopped us and advised us not to go in as there was a big party of ladies having a party in spa. This didn't bother us too much but the spa was very busy and there were cups and towels everywhere.

In conclusion, I would definitely visit the gym again but would give the hotel a miss which is a shame as I am sure it could be much better.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Middlewich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We checked in got our cookies everything was ok, we went into the room where for the price you pay it should be better, there was brown stains in the toilet , rust around the plug in the bath, stains on the wall.. Apart from that everything was just 'ok'. We went to the spa which was nice.. pool is very small but it was ok. We went to the restaurant later on and they said they didnt have us down for a booking even though we booked in advanced. They gave us all a free drink but we waited an hour and a half for the table. The food was nice, the lamb was overdone but steaks cooked perfect. Overall its an ok experience but unfortunately wont be returning.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here over Easter, I chose the Saturday spa retreat package, which i initially thought was really pricey but was definately worth the money. The spa facilities were fantastic, we had the mud room treatment, which was good and a full body massage all of the staff in the spa were lovely and very welcoming. The dream room was fantastic I could have happily stayed the night in there.
Our room was nice, the was very comfortable and it was spacious. The only downside was that we couldn't get the heating to work and when we rang for room service the member of staff only repeated what was stated on the instructions. it was quite cold.
The breakfast was delicious I couldn't fault it.
Overall the stay was amazing, we were treated really well, I highly recommend Doubletree and will hopefully be visiting again soon

Room Tip: You may want to ask the hotel staff to put the heating on prior to your arrival.